1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised at an initial run of 2000 units. I bet thats about all the plant in Germany can produce in a year. If the demand is there then I'm sure ford would find another plant that could produce them. I believe that the plant in Germany is the only one able to apply the special paint fords using on the RS. That's why we are seeing limited production numbers.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Some of the best information comes from reading between the lines and unexpected sources. Then again, it could be that some marketing wonk got it all wrong.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I wouldn't be suprised at an initial run of 2000 units. I bet thats about all the plant in Germany can produce in a year. If the demand is there then I'm sure ford would find another plant that could produce them. I believe that the plant in Germany is the only one able to apply the special paint fords using on the RS. That's why we are seeing limited production numbers.
It was chosen because it's the only plant with the capacity to built the RS along side other models. The RS is that different. Ford told me less than 13K units for the US. 2000 would certainly be less, but that would be drastically less. There were approximately 14K MKII RS made for the UK alone, so when looking at world wide numbers, I was figuring on 5OK units world wide for the first year.

·
Registered
141 Posts
:( <- this is my face when I read this

Suppose this is true, then there will be LESS than 2000 RSs coming to Canada, and I'm not a big fan of limited supply + high demand. What about insurance and parts for the car? Will it sneak under the radar because it's just a Focus, and will parts be plentiful (for the non-performance bits) because it shares a lot with regular Foci?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If the price point is close to 35k and it destroys and owns the compition why wouldn't ford want to sell more in the states if they could.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I'm still not buying this 2k for the RS as it would go against all the other info we have been told. As in Ford being able to meet demand as needed and also various sources stating the NA market was in a larger bracket like the EU market. I'm also seeing a lot of dealers that have started unofficial lists, that have a lot of names on them. I'm sure Ford is aware of the demand and will refrain from capping off production so low, that is though unless the supplier for some important RS specific pieces can not keep up and bit off more then they can chew. In that case then we are all F*cked :p

There is still a lot we don't know and I have been getting use to this waiting game. All things should be considered but if it didn't come from Ford I would not burn the world just yet, and even Ford leaks false info as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The grand prize for the contest is a 40k car from ford. They are advertising a Focus RS as the grand prize. If they only brought 2k RSs to the states, I feel (could be wrong) it would be rather hard to nab one for less than $40k. Hence forth I'm calling bull**** on just 2000.

uploadfromtaptalk1432676283824.jpg

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Maybe 2000 ken block editions lol. I hope block was misinformed when he mentioned 2000 units. I bet we see closer to 5000 units being sold and that might not be enough if you concider all the STi guys jumping ship to ford and all the guys that can't get an evo ( and refuse to buy the STi ) because they don't make them anymore. Maybe you get a few VW fans because the golf R's price point. I bet as the years go on there will be more RS's on the road than its competitors.

·
Super Moderator
16,176 Posts
Well, we have until April or May of next year before we find out.

Information lately has been rather stagnated when it comes to the FoRS.

Must be in the market strategy to get the other carmakers to show their hand.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
That is always the game isn't it. This segment is heating up quick though, and I'm sure with word of an AWD MS3 and the chance of a Type-R not to mention the Golf R400, Ford may be playing the waiting game even longer with power, availability ect.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm certain that Ford is playing the waiting game. See how they teased "well in excess of 315hp", then immediately shut up and dropped off the face of the Earth. I cannot wait to see how the aftermarket does with the 2.3L in the RS, I want to see at least 380+ awhp, 400+ awtq out a stage 2 Focus RS on 93 octane. Basically if it can smoke the Golf R's equivalent tuned numbers and do so safely and reliably (with an eye to the engine life, and to the AWD system), then it'll be top dog for sure.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I wonder how well the 2.3EB breathes and how well it's tuned. It might flow as well as a stage 1 ST. If that is so then the stage 2 gains won't be as much as you might think. Say they come out and say it is 325 bhp. Stage 1 RS is 351 bhp. Stage 2 368 bhp. Or something like that

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Lol long time coming to the U.S. And ford better be prepared for a full assault from enthusiasts fighting for every last one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If they wanted to see how ape **** crazy people went at the thought of only 2000 units, job done!
This had better be some kind of mistake on Monster's part, because 2000 units for the US (and LESS for Canada) is an instant turn off, on so many levels.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts