Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently installed a speed performance 2.3 stage one long block, dang covid delay (1 year 3 months after order)... The engine I removed was VERY diffrent from what I installed but in all good ways. The water pump, thermo housing was cast into the block and did not bolt on. The engine cover had a stand off so had to remove the stock spacer on the pully. The block was way beefier on front and back where I have seen people reinforce it, It was just really really different but in no bad way. I see all the 2.3 and 2.0 stuff but if ford fixed the issues and bonus revisions were made I am shocked I have seen nothing about it posted. Maybe I lucked out idk yet, break in time and tune forthcoming.

I did try to google 2.3 revisions but did not really see anything anywhere, I was shocked but still took no pics so I could get it in and drive it sooner rather than later as I did it myself and not the pic and post kind of person. this is the only front photo I have for a wife update I was doing something...

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And it was the old motor in the pic, should of checked it it better I guess...

·
Registered
86 Posts
As far as I know the only change Ford has made to the 2.3 motor is that they are now equipped with 2nd generation connecting rods...?
Are you sure your builder didn't use the 2nd generation 2.0 TS block with a stroker kit??

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From my google search of the 2.0 block for pics I would say they did not and it was not what I ordered. It was very much the same as what I took out but beefier front to back. The 2.0 looks to have a 45deg support across the turbo side, the new looked like the old but + 20% in material. Also the same shape water housing but cast in no bolts.

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
86 Posts
From my google search of the 2.0 block for pics I would say they did not and it was not what I ordered. It was very much the same as what I took out but beefier front to back. The 2.0 looks to have a 45deg support across the turbo side, the new looked like the old but + 20% in material. Also the same shape water housing but cast in no bolts.
Awesome!
Heard rumor about an aftermarket "Billet Block"! But don't have any information, as to who is the manufacturer or if they are in production... Your the 1st "beefed up block", I 've heard of. Congratulations!
*When you have a chance, post some pictures! Thanks for sharing the information!!

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
According to the Speed Performance web site, all their 2.3 builds start with a 2.0 block. My Tune+ 2.3 also has a 2.0 block…

Reactions: Coyote Chaser

·
Registered
86 Posts
Automotive tire Font Bicycle part Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

From the outside they look similar, but if you pull the head, your see that the 2.0 block has/had a semi-closed deck. And the 2.3 block has/had a open deck. But that was as of 2020, I haven't done any research since then and I haven't heard of any changes, other than the 2nd generation OEM connecting rods on the 2.3 motors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts