Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, brand new to the forum as I'm looking to purchase a RS. A few of the cars (specifically 2018 model year) I've looked at have the three top dash gauges (oil temp, boost, oil pressure) reading bar and Celsius - not Fahrenheit and PSI. It doesn't look like you can change the readout like you can with the center MPH or KPH display. I've read about the Canadian models, but couldn't find anything regarding this in search attempts. Are these particular Focus RS cars Canadian models? Or can you indeed change the readout? Any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Registered
I have a 2018 RS. The boost and oil P are in bar (I would prefer psi) and the oil temp is indeed in Celsius. They can't be switched. The digital speedo can't be switch between kph and mph either, something I find very annoying as my F150 is able switch between, very helpful in my trips across the border.

Registered
About time you guys caught up with the rest of the world:)
PS I grew up with the imperial system but wouldn't go back now. Although funnily enough I still think in thousands of an inch when measuring the fine stuff. Measure it in metric and convert it in my head to thousands! go figure.

Ciao

Premium Member
Those gauges on the center pod have no sensors, they are given data from the ecu, and are kind of not real. For reference use only, may not read actual real-time values. But yes in bar for a euro built car.
Change them out and add sensors, the block has oil and water bungs to tap so no hokey sandwich plate needed.

Registered
I have a 2018 RS. The boost and oil P are in bar (I would prefer psi) and the oil temp is indeed in Celsius. They can't be switched. The digital speedo can't be switch between kph and mph either, something I find very annoying as my F150 is able switch between, very helpful in my trips across the border.
The digital speedo is able to be changed between MPH/KPH. I was able to do it on my MY18 on my trip to Canada earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Those gauges on the center pod have no sensors, they are given data from the ecu, and are kind of not real. For reference use only, may not read actual real-time values. But yes in bar for a euro built car.
Change them out and add sensors, the block has oil and water bungs to tap so no hokey sandwich plate needed.

View attachment 337372
What guages are those? This was a model on my list to do

Registered
The digital speedo is able to be changed between MPH/KPH. I was able to do it on my MY18 on my trip to Canada earlier this year.

I was playing around this morning trying to convert but still didn't see where you switch it. In my F150 I just simply press OK on the steering wheel. How do you change it?

Premium Member
Defi

Registered

View attachment 337372
I'm also interested in seeing what you've done to your tach and speedo, could you post a pic? It kinda looks like the Mustang gauges to me?

Premium Member
Those are custom gauge faces.
I had a couple of sets done and decided on those.

like most of my mods, there is an install thread I did on here with pics.
Gauges install and gauge face install are both here. Gallery

Premium Member
Those are the Advance series , but the older link series look the same,

the controller on the Advance has a few more features...

racer series not so much...

expensive yes,

Defi is the standard

Registered

Yeah I figured it out. It's a very strange way to switch as compared to my F150's single button push. Lol.

Registered
I would say yes but... (there's a but)

I moved to Canada from US and brought my RS. So I switched everything to Celsius and KM on the digital screens but for some bloody reason, the cruise control still displays MPH. 馃う鈥嶁檪锔

It's like they did 99% of the job and then said "**** it, close enough".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts