Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to post this but after installing exhaust at a shop today, while on lift we pulled the engine bay bottom cover and discovered fresh oil leaking from what looks like the little hole where bell-housing meets the transmission. Its clean around the filter but fresh and wet from the hole on down the engine. Car has 27500 miles and bumper2bumper expired 2 weeks ago.
Would this be covered under powertrain 5 Warranty thats 5 years? Car has zero mods, everything stock and was leaking before aFe exhaust installed today. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Could be the gearbox input shaft main seal as well. The gearbox would be a warranty job and the rear main might also be depending on how much its leaking. If its a tiny weep then Ford will probably argue its an acceptable amount of leakage but if its significant then its also warranty.
If its a tiny weep from the rear main its probably better to let it go as you'll end up with more headaches than this from the dealer techs working on the car trying to fix it.

Ciao

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the gearbox input shaft main seal as well. The gearbox would be a warranty job and the rear main might also be depending on how much its leaking. If its a tiny weep then Ford will probably argue its an acceptable amount of leakage but if its significant then its also warranty.
If its a tiny weep from the rear main its probably better to let it go as you'll end up with more headaches than this from the dealer techs working on the car trying to fix it.

Ciao
I bought the car 6 weeks ago and checked oil level first day. It was full. The bottom engine cover pampers thing is covered in oil, you can tell its been dripping a while, and dipstick shows 3/4 full in #. So in 6 weeks it lost 1/3#. A lot or not its unacceptable in a car that new imo. I just hope my new exhaust installation wont blow the warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts