Ford Focus RS Forum banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Same, after me telling them that the timing cover was usually the culprit!!
They insisted that they could see oil leaking from the feed line so replaced that! Which is why I don't want to look!

@sixman Did that actually fix your leak?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had my FSA completed through DCH Ford on July 2018.
The FSA was updated October 2018, adding 2 dabs of silicone sealant by the front cover.
My car started leaking and I took it back to the dealership this past Wed 02/26, and explained to them the issue and that for updated the FSA after they had completed my car.
I left them a copy of the updated FSA for their tech (They requested it), and they got me a rental.
Their tech inspected my car and confirmed that the leak was coming from the front cover.
I really hope this is the last time I need to leave my car at the dealership.

Does any one know how much Mountune USA would charge to fix this issue? I live half an hour from them and I don't want to let Ford keep trying if they cant fix this issue.
I just don't want to give up on this car because they cant fix a leak. But I'm also not going to keep paying for a car that's already leaking oil. My wife's accord has over 100K miles and is spot less

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I imagine the oil feed line replacement is the first thing to do because it's cheap. If that doesn't fix it on the first go, it seems that Ford Corporate is willing to step in now and ensure that our cars are getting fixed right.

@Dank RS I imagine that you're looking at a few thousand for the fix. While they're in there it may be tempting to throw a bunch of parts at it, depending if they drop the motor or will work on the motor with it still in the car. Expect an upsell, and if Mountune is doing the work it's easy to throw 10k at the car and another 2k at the transmission. Of course I'd bring my own Wavetrac LSD for them to install over Quaife, but I suppose that's a discussion for another thread...

If you're that close to Mountune, give McCoy Mills Ford in Fullerton a chance. My family had been going to them for over 50 years when I lived in that neck of the woods, and they do good work. The times they were mentioned on here reflect the same.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Too early to tell if mine is fixed. It was only a very small amount of oil. Will give it a couple of months and reassess

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well I thoroughly degreased mine when I got it back, top and bottom so it should be obvious if mine has leaked again, I just don't want to have the inconvenience of taking it back there again for them to do the timing cover if it's still leaking, main reason I don't want to look!!
As well as worrying what else they will stuff up while its there!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I read through these threads & buying a used RS makes me nervous, especially since these cars are getting older each day. There’s probably a reason why there’s so many 2016s for sale right now with around 30k miles. Maybe guys are dumping them before their warranties are up? I dunno, but it’s just an uneasy feeling hearing about oil leaks etc....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
I read through these threads & buying a used RS makes me nervous, especially since these cars are getting older each day. There’s probably a reason why there’s so many 2016s for sale right now with around 30k miles. Maybe guys are dumping them before their warranties are up? I dunno, but it’s just an uneasy feeling hearing about oil leaks etc....
The cars are reliable post repairs. There's a plethora of forum members that can attest to that.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I feel the same way some days, and I already own one!

181 - 188 of 188 Posts