Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am assembling my built motor and when I was about to transfer my oil filter mounting plate over to the new block I noticed that the ported holes are very different. Is this normal or a problem? First pic is the new block with circle holes. The second pic is the original block with the square.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The square ports
Sounds like you need an mounting plate made for the 2.0 block, not the 2.3. Have you contacted the builder to ask?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
So I am assembling my built motor and when I was about to transfer my oil filter mounting plate over to the new block I noticed that the ported holes are very different. Is this normal or a problem? First pic is the new block with circle holes. The second pic is the original block with the square.
I looks like you're need one of these for the 2.0 block

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts/ford-adapter-bb5z6881a/?c=Zz1lbmdpbmUmcz1lbmdpbmUtcGFydHMmaT1NRjExMjI1NSZyPTIwJmE9Zm9yZCZvPWZvY3VzJnk9MjAxNSZ0PXN0JmU9Mi0wbC1sNC1nYXM=

I would check with your engine builder first though. Not sure if there's a specific reason why the ports are much larger for the 2.3. I'm guessing more oil flow/cooling.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did check with the builder and he says it won't be a problem but it just looks off. Well I might buy the one on the link posted. Wish it showed the flow holes in the pictures. They may be the same square design.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I did check with the builder and he says it won't be a problem but it just looks off. Well I might buy the one on the link posted. Wish it showed the flow holes in the pictures. They may be the same square design.
Looking closer at the part description, it looks to all be the same part number

"Description: 2.5L. 2.0L turbo. 2.3L turbo. 2.0L, to 9/04/12"

Verified by looking up the same part for a 2018 RS vs a 2015 ST

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
BigFatFlip
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing