1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
And no manual which eliminates it for me anyways.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, ADM or not you're still going to be paying more out the door for the new S4.
I'd rather get a new s4 for less than 50k than pay any kind of ADM for a Focus. RS or not, it's still a Focus. Although the no available manual on the new s4 would put me in a quandary. :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'd rather get a new s4 for less than 50k than pay any kind of ADM for a Focus. RS or not, it's still a Focus. Although the no available manual on the new s4 would put me in a quandary. :(
Well then that should be your reason. IMO paying high 40s/low 50s for an entry level performance Audi isn't worth it.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Although I don't agree with your choice as an option besides the RS, I totally get what your saying with ADM. You are basically throwing money out the window, imagine if that ADM actually went into the vehicle.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Coming from someone who had an S4 auto.. they are not as fun as the standards.. since the engine's are too powerful (their words) for the current manual transmission (in this new model).. they only come in auto which is ehhh to me even if it does shift faster than a human...

The S4's have waaay more TCO.. the maintenance and don't get me started if you break something.. its not Mini bad.. but was not fun..

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Aren't we all throwing money away buying new cars?
Sure. However throwing money away at a product is different than taking a lighter to it and burning it for fun, which is basically what you are doing with an ADM.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
great for a sedan, but no hatch no care, no manual no care
I'm not looking for the most powerful car on the street, I am looking for the one that is most enjoyable to drive.
RS > S4

·
Registered
136 Posts
Current Audi S4 MSRP at $49,200. RS MSRP at $35,730. Doing just a little shopping around getting a RS at MSRP is not out of the question, except California. I’ve shopped for a S4 and yes there discounts from what is on the dealers lot, but trying to order was something different. With the Technology Package on a Premium Plus $60,000 was a more in line. The Audi is nice, but I feel the RS is going to be a lot more fun to drive. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Current Audi S4 MSRP at $49,200. RS MSRP at $35,730. Doing just a little shopping around getting a RS at MSRP is not out of the question, except California. I’ve shopped for a S4 and yes there discounts from what is on the dealers lot, but trying to order was something different. With the Technology Package on a Premium Plus $60,000 was a more in line. The Audi is nice, but I feel the RS is going to be a lot more fun to drive. Just my $.02.
This. ADM aside the S4 starts at nearly 50% more. They are not even in the same category! Just don't get the RS with an ADM. The S3 is closer as far as cross-shopping with $42k MSRP, it's kind of in the ballpark. The S3 comes standard with a moonroof and heated front seats, which puts the RS against it - around $40k with the RS2 package + moonroof

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
If the price difference was only a few grand ide take the audi.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
12 Participants
Camptown
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing