Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my list of nit-picky wish stuff for the RS. Only a couple of these made the cut for the US. Some we'll have to solve through third-parties or imports, and maybe some will emerge as 2017 features.

What's on your list?

Wish it did:
  • One touch turn signal (Euro style: touch stalk and get 3 blinks)
  • Auto-dimming mirrors (interior & exterior) - good god it's 2015, how did they leave these out?
  • Seat position memory - good god it's 2015; we're probably talking $5 worth of parts
  • Remote external mirror fold switch - hella cool factor/nice in the city; why not?
  • Extendable thigh bolsters - the shiz if you're over about 5'10" or have long legs
  • Heated windshield or wiper landing area - ala STI; a nice winter package add
  • Center rear fog lamp - Euro cool and nice in super crappy weather
  • One-touch down for driver/passenger windows - Check! RS scores.
  • Highly bolstered rear seats - Euro cars have had these since the 70's
  • Front/rear distance sensors - I know, kind of stupid on a small car but once you get used to them...
  • Android Auto - phone screen projection; the future of automotive/cell phone integration IMO (sure, Apple has similar valid plans)
  • HID high beams - assume the RS has these but then I thought the Audi S4 did, and the Subie STI did...
  • Homelink - not a huge deal, but nice; haven't seen it mentioned
Wish it didn't:
  • Sirius, Pandora, I Heart whatever; Facebook on the console - don't need it/don't want it
  • Keyless driver door entry panel - convenient on our Flex, but tacky on the RS IMO
  • Hill start assist - nice one time in 1000, otherwise meh
-jeff

·
Registered
14 Posts
One touch turn signal (Euro style: touch stalk and get 3 blinks)

They still don't have this?!? Omg!! My VW's had this and I LOVED it.

I agree on your 'Wish it didn't'. Hill assist sucked on my mk6 VW. But at least it can be turned off on the Ford. I was stuck with it always on in my VW.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Here's my list of nit-picky wish stuff for the RS. Only a couple of these made the cut for the US. Some we'll have to solve through third-parties or imports, and maybe some will emerge as 2017 features.

What's on your list?

Wish it did:
  • One touch turn signal (Euro style: touch stalk and get 3 blinks)
    [*]Auto-dimming mirrors (interior & exterior) - good god it's 2015, how did they leave these out?
  • Seat position memory - good god it's 2015; we're probably talking $5 worth of parts
  • Remote external mirror fold switch - hella cool factor/nice in the city; why not?
  • Extendable thigh bolsters - the shiz if you're over about 5'10" or have long legs
    [*]Heated windshield or wiper landing area - ala STI; a nice winter package add
  • Center rear fog lamp - Euro cool and nice in super crappy weather
  • One-touch down for driver/passenger windows - Check! RS scores. (RS's windows are ALL one touch up and down! :D )
  • Highly bolstered rear seats - Euro cars have had these since the 70's
    [*]Front/rear distance sensors - I know, kind of stupid on a small car but once you get used to them...
  • Android Auto - phone screen projection; the future of automotive/cell phone integration IMO (sure, Apple has similar valid plans)
    [*]HID high beams - assume the RS has these but then I thought the Audi S4 did, and the Subie STI did...
  • Homelink - not a huge deal, but nice; haven't seen it mentioned
Wish it didn't:
-jeff

Bolded what I agreed with. Cant think of any others at the moment.

·
Registered
77 Posts
One touch turn signal (Euro style: touch stalk and get 3 blinks)

They still don't have this?!? Omg!! My VW's had this and I LOVED it.

I agree on your 'Wish it didn't'. Hill assist sucked on my mk6 VW. But at least it can be turned off on the Ford. I was stuck with it always on in my VW.
I agree on the one touch, even my average mistu has it

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
"Wish it didn't:
o Sirius, Pandora, I Heart whatever; Facebook on the console - don't need it/don't want it"

Internet radio for me is a godsend. Broadcast radio sucks and only plays worn-out pop, be it pop from the classic rock era or today's stuff, and the ads are annoying. I stopped paying for individual MP3s long ago and subscribe to Spotify and I'm a much happier long distance driver now. Open it, hit play, then put the screen back on nav or climate country or whatever else you prefer to have on your dash.

Does the RS finally get LED tail lights?

·
Registered
716 Posts
"Wish it didn't:
o Sirius, Pandora, I Heart whatever; Facebook on the console - don't need it/don't want it"

Internet radio for me is a godsend. Broadcast radio sucks and only plays worn-out pop, be it pop from the classic rock era or today's stuff, and the ads are annoying. I stopped paying for individual MP3s long ago and subscribe to Spotify and I'm a much happier long distance driver now. Open it, hit play, then put the screen back on nav or climate country or whatever else you prefer to have on your dash.

Yep if I remember correctly it has LED tail lights.

Anyone know about the Keyless driver door entry panel? I didnt see it listed anywhere and was a feature I really wanted.

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
"Wish it didn't:

HD Radio in my area has been ad free last I checked. Really low adaption has make selling ads there not worth the effort. Actually, I think there as an ad, an ad to sell advertising by that station. B-tracks songs that were not worn out on main station too. Also, when the main station goes to talk radio morning show crap the sub-stations were still playing music. But, I still can't wait for Android Auto with Play Music in my dash. Screw all the other subscriptions.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Yep if I remember correctly it has LED tail lights.

Anyone know about the Keyless driver door entry panel? I didnt see it listed anywhere and was a feature I really wanted.
I would be importing them ASAP if they became available. Unfortunately I'm not a big wiring guy and am anal about how stuff looks. I'm pretty sure you can't plug and play the led tailights and wiring will be necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, looks like I was wrong on the one-touch signals, sounds like those will be there. Good news!
Are there HID high beams as well (or are these illegal in the US)?
I haven't seen RS specs that talk about sensors. The backup camera is there (for SYNC option) but I don't see a mention of sensors (side, front, rear).

·
Registered
225 Posts
Thanks, looks like I was wrong on the one-touch signals, sounds like those will be there. Good news!
Are there HID high beams as well (or are these illegal in the US)?
I haven't seen RS specs that talk about sensors. The backup camera is there (for SYNC option) but I don't see a mention of sensors (side, front, rear).
No sensors.

No led tailights. No auto folding mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here's one to add to the "Da Fuh!?" list..

This car should be equipped w/ Valve gassed hood lift struts...
I mean, c'mon!
... and the plastics in the engine bay could be more premium for sure..

Albeit the image is from the Pre Production car at NYC auto show:

Looks like there are couple aftermarket struts, if you want to crack the painted bolts:
Redline Tuning 21-11025-02 Focus ST Hood Struts 2013-2015

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm pretty sure rear senors will be standard. I believe all the rear end shots have the senors in them. Dunno about LED rear lights, it would be nice though. Also possibly aftermarket solutions /DIY stuff might be available. There was plenty of stuff for the <2015 focus ST/NA
I also think the high beams will be non HID

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
28 Participants
focus man
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing