Ford Focus RS Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey WI Folks, (man, the Packers s*cked today!)

I've got a deposit down on an 2018 Race Red due in off the train a few weeks. I've got a nice accessory/mild mod list going already. I still need to sell one of the nicest track prepped Mazdaspeed Miata's in the country to make room in the garage for the Ford but I just don't live where/how I used to with the Miata and it's just collecting dust. I'll use the Ford as a fair weather daily driver with maybe a very occasional HPDE.

I must admit, the same or even greater mod list on the Miata was well within my shade-tree skills but the Ford is it's own beast and I'm a fairly conservative wrench. I've never owned a domestic car, either so I'll be using a new set of wrenches. I'm wondering if there are any independent mechanics or smaller shops that could be recommended to me from the anywhere in the state? I'm in the Appleton area but would drive in the State for the right person on a few of the projects I have identified. No motor work, power adders, etc, just reliability and suspension bolt ons. Even if there were any favorite Ford Service Departments. The car I'm deposited on is coming through Holiday Ford in Fond Du Lac as they just happened to have the allocation for the spec I was looking for.

Anyway, I hope to be enjoying a reliable and fun car.

Happy New Year, cheers!

Dave

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome Dave! I can't comment on shops but I can say I'm happy Capers is OUT!

I'm past 10k miles with zero issues on mine and loving it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey WI Folks, (man, the Packers s*cked today!)

I've got a deposit down on an 2018 Race Red due in off the train a few weeks. I've got a nice accessory/mild mod list going already. I still need to sell one of the nicest track prepped Mazdaspeed Miata's in the country to make room in the garage for the Ford but I just don't live where/how I used to with the Miata and it's just collecting dust. I'll use the Ford as a fair weather daily driver with maybe a very occasional HPDE.

I must admit, the same or even greater mod list on the Miata was well within my shade-tree skills but the Ford is it's own beast and I'm a fairly conservative wrench. I've never owned a domestic car, either so I'll be using a new set of wrenches. I'm wondering if there are any independent mechanics or smaller shops that could be recommended to me from the anywhere in the state? I'm in the Appleton area but would drive in the State for the right person on a few of the projects I have identified. No motor work, power adders, etc, just reliability and suspension bolt ons. Even if there were any favorite Ford Service Departments. The car I'm deposited on is coming through Holiday Ford in Fond Du Lac as they just happened to have the allocation for the spec I was looking for.

Anyway, I hope to be enjoying a reliable and fun car.

Happy New Year, cheers!

Dave
Most, if not all bolts on the Focus are metric. You shouldn't need anything special over what you have stock piled for the Miata/other cars. While I haven't done much work on the RS yet, I touched most parts of it's younger brother the ST and it's all relatively simple.

Unfortunately, the only shop I could recommend in your area of the state appears to have closed down in the past year. It's sort of a shame really, they used to do nice stuff with the Fords.

·
Registered
401 Posts
NB RS with forged wheels giving me the ole pops n bangs driving around dennys on broadway??? you on here bro? appreciated that, my wife thought someone stole my car LOL. i dont know if you could see my smile through the window, but i was stoked to see another RS in madison and thought it was hilarious that you drove around twice. i should have come out to say hi. cheers :tiphat:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Anybody here have experience with BrewCityBoost, seems like a viable option for a local-ish tuner???

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hey all! I am in Madison and got my NB RS a few months ago. Met a few local ST guys last weekend. It would be fun to set up a meet sometime. I am itching to get back into the car scene.
There is a bit of a car meet or so going on in janesville tonight. I know of me and 2 other rs being there

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
OH that ol gig, I thought you were saying an actual car hang out like a Cars and Coffee. Hard pass. I'm a little to old to be cruising up Milton Ave. :inout:

on milton Avenue, up by the highway, everyone just drives up and down all night racing light to light

·
Registered
362 Posts
OH that ol gig, I thought you were saying an actual car hang out like a Cars and Coffee. Hard pass. I'm a little to old to be cruising up Milton Ave.

on milton Avenue, up by the highway, everyone just drives up and down all night racing light to light
The cruise in for a cause car show hosted by cranked, is now gonna be in machesney park in August. It used to be in janesville for the last few years.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Spotted a NB RS heading westbound on 85th St. In pleasant prairie at about 4pm. Just wondering if your on here. Car looked great.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts