Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey WI homies!

Who all here has a preorder that lives in WI? It would be fun to know what area and colors will be cruising around WI. I'll start. I live in SE area (Oak Creek) and I ordered a NB with forged wheels and RS2 package. I don't think I can wait the 3-4 months until it arrives... I currently drive a 2008 Evo X but will be selling it soon to make room for the RS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ordered mine, got my dealers only allocation! Stealth Grey, forged wheels. Couldn't pull myself to order the RS2 package.
Live in Sussex area!
Badass. Ya I was going back and forth on if I should order with the RS2 package but the fiancé said she wanted the heated seats. Happy wife, happy life lol. You're not too far away from me. Do you ever make it to any shows? Which dealer did you go to?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Badass. Ya I was going back and forth on if I should order with the RS2 package but the fiancé said she wanted the heated seats. Happy wife, happy life lol. You're not too far away from me. Do you ever make it to any shows? Which dealer did you go to?
No shows for me. I have a track toy and that's where i spend my fun! I went to Gordie Boucher in Menomonee Falls!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No shows for me. I have a track toy and that's where i spend my fun! I went to Gordie Boucher in Menomonee Falls!
What kind of track toy and what track (slinger?). Nice did they mark it up on you? I went to Hiller Ford but I was supposed to get a pre order from uptown but someone from IL took it. I will be autoxing this spring with the RS.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a build that's been going for almost 3 years! Turbo Honda S2000 swapped Miata. Being built for time attack/road racing. I didn't even ask about mark up. Parents always dealt with them and now me. So have a good relationship. Also ordered my ST from them. Is your RS going to be the new daily or just summer toy? I decided to just order the winter setup too if they are coming mid February.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a build that's been going for almost 3 years! Turbo Honda S2000 swapped Miata. Being built for time attack/road racing. I didn't even ask about mark up. Parents always dealt with them and now me. So have a good relationship. Also ordered my ST from them. Is your RS going to be the new daily or just summer toy? I decided to just order the winter setup too if they are coming mid February.
Nice! A buddy of mine just swapped an s2k motor into his Miata. Do you know Sam with the red Miata? It will be my daily but luckily I only live 4 miles from work so I won't rack up the miles. I currently have an Evo X and but I dd my 09 Ralliart. What kind of wheels and tires did you order? I will definitely be getting a separate set of wheels and tires for winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice! A buddy of mine just swapped an s2k motor into his Miata. Do you know Sam with the red Miata? It will be my daily but luckily I only live 4 miles from work so I won't rack up the miles. I currently have an Evo X and but I dd my 09 Ralliart. What kind of wheels and tires did you order? I will definitely be getting a separate set of wheels and tires for winter.
Sam has a k20, civic motor! I have a f22c, s2000 motor! But yes, I know Sam. I ordered the winter wheel/tire package with the RS!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sam has a k20, civic motor! I have a f22c, s2000 motor! But yes, I know Sam. I ordered the winter wheel/tire package with the RS!
You're right. For some reason I thought he was doing a f22c but I just looked at the pics again. What kind of wheels did you buy? Size?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys. I live in Kenosha and have a Frozen White (RS1) with forged wheels on order from a dealer in Illinois.
Sweet! I was having a hard time deciding between NB and FW. Maybe at some point we can all meet up and get a photo shoot. Do you autox or track?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whatever the winter package is from Ford.
18" silver multispoke wheels with Michelin pilot alpin pa4 tires.
What did the run you for that setup if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet! I was having a hard time deciding between NB and FW. Maybe at some point we can all meet up and get a photo shoot. Do you autox or track?
I am still second guessing my color choice. NB is growing on me everyday! Now if we can find a SB owner the photo shoot will be complete!

I have owned a lot of track oriented cars, but have yet to do a high speed autox. I took an instructional track day a few years back. It is definitely on my to do list, so any help getting started would be welcomed and appreciated. My last car was a 12 Boss 302, which was a lot to handle on the street let alone taking it to the track :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am still second guessing my color choice. NB is growing on me everyday! Now if we can find a SB owner the photo shoot will be complete!

I have owned a lot of track oriented cars, but have yet to do a high speed autox. I took an instructional track day a few years back. It is definitely on my to do list, so any help getting started would be welcomed and appreciated. My last car was a 12 Boss 302, which was a lot to handle on the street let alone taking it to the track :)
Welcome,
We will definitely need to get a photo!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Well according to the poll in the other thread there is 4 WI guys and I am guessing we are 3 of the 4 so maybe the other person has a SB one!

Wow very nice ride and quite a bit of a change going from that to an boosted AWD 4 banger lol. The Autox days at Miller park are a lot of fun and everyone is very helpful on giving tips and tricks. Check out the SCCA website. I am hoping to attend a track day or two at Road America next year. I never been there let alone race there and it looks like tons of fun. Hopefully Ford will do an RS Octane driving school like they did for ST owners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well according to the poll in the other thread there is 4 WI guys and I am guessing we are 3 of the 4 so maybe the other person has a SB one!

Wow very nice ride and quite a bit of a change going from that to an boosted AWD 4 banger lol. The Autox days at Miller park are a lot of fun and everyone is very helpful on giving tips and tricks. Check out the SCCA website. I am hoping to attend a track day or two at Road America next year. I never been there let alone race there and it looks like tons of fun. Hopefully Ford will do an RS Octane driving school like they did for ST owners.
Thanks for the info. I will check the SCCA site out! The instructional track day I went to was set up by the NSSCC (Northern Illinois), which runs high speed autox and other racing events. Their home track was Black Hawk Farms. I will check to see when they start up in the Spring. I also have a coworker who's brother-in-law runs GPS Track Time in IL. Hopefully our cars will be here by then!

1 - 20 of 179 Posts