Ford Focus RS Forum banner

541 - 553 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got mine working. I literally just downloaded the “with nav” file agin and extracted it to the usb. Plugged it in and then everything started working. How exactly do you get the navigation arrows on the speedometer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have a look in the FORScan programming thread and the info is in there. You need that and a compatible cable.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I read my last post again I must admit it was a bit confused at the end! I meant I posted on the cyanlabs comment section asking for advice. And I was trying to find if someone else had a similar issue here on the forum.

Specifically, my issue is after I changed the language to French in the sync setting menu:
  • All icons and menus changed to French (except the Navigation POI menus but that doesnt matter);
  • All my sync voice commands and nav commands are still stuck to english —> the issue I’m trying to solve.
I used the all-in-one method for the cyanlabs link. My understanding of the thumb drive format is that the install file and SyncMyRide folder already included all the files required for Canadian French voice commands and nav commands to be installed.

I did have a few things enabled through Forscan before the update:
  • Nav in motion;
  • Nav repeater;
  • Climate control screen;
  • Climate control temperature repeater;
  • Custom/5th drive mode (although this one does not affect the APIM I believe).
If the cyanlabs guys dont come up with an answer I will try to revert the Forscan changes to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Thanks for clarifying! Nav in motion breaks the nav voice in Sync 3.4 at least in the US, and I would suspect Canada as well. I tried to install Euro voices (admittedly not very hard) as a solution but I couldn't get the nav voice to work properly with nav in motion enabled (because nav in motion sets the location to Europe, the system is looking for Euro voices and can't find any, so it uses the default English ones).

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Thanks for clarifying! Nav in motion breaks the nav voice in Sync 3.4 at least in the US, and I would suspect Canada as well. I tried to install Euro voices (admittedly not very hard) as a solution but I couldn't get the nav voice to work properly with nav in motion enabled (because nav in motion sets the location to Europe, the system is looking for Euro voices and can't find any, so it uses the default English ones).
This makes a lot of sense and definitely worth a try! I’ll try this first and see if I get the Canadian French back!

My next idea was trying a custom install using only the Canadian French nav voice file!

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
So for anyone in North America doing the V3.4 update that had nav in motion enabled before the update and that wants to use Canadian French (and I guess this would apply to Spanish also), you need to disable nav in motion to be able to use anything else than english for voice commands and navigation instructions.

Thanks @phillofoc who figured it out! Now to figure out if there is any reason to update to the 3.4.19274 version...anyone done that and have a good reason to justify it?

·
Registered
299 Posts
It’s only to get tts street names working that you have to set the sync country back to US - and in turn disables nav in motion. Otherwise it works fine.
No reason of need to go to 19274 from 19200. There no difference - other than the blacklisting of the use of the reformatting tool.

There is no need to do the upgrade to v3.4 from v3.0 unless you want a different interface and smaller album art. Works the same otherwise and obviously loses nav in motion to get street names working.
Oh and you can update to the 1.18 maps in the process, if that matters (they are still a few years old).

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
Version 3.4 on my screen is bright white during the day and blue at night. I have full turn by nav and WAZE works perfectly with Android Auto.
I restored back my colors, and after a reboot, my startup display is back to the Ford GT display I had set up with FORscan.
Which color are you using now and can you post picture of it?

If it keeps the RS/FP startup page and looks better than the stock 3.4 colors I wouldnt mind changing the colors too!

Thanks!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Version 3.4 on my screen is bright white during the day and blue at night. I have full turn by nav and WAZE works perfectly with Android Auto.
I restored back my colors, and after a reboot, my startup display is back to the Ford GT display I had set up with FORscan.
Hey fellow geek, are you a non-nav car? I have had no issues with any other settings really, but I cannot get waze turn by turn to show up in IPC. Or are you talking about two separate systems?

Also, what does "IPC features" mean? I cannot find any references to what that does on any other sites, and changing it didnt make any noticeable differences. It also interferes with Navigation Repeaters settings according to the table.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I successfully followed the updated guide linked to above. One thing I've noticed since it was completed, I use an iPod to store all my music and play it through the head unit. It's connected via USB to lightning cable under my armrest. It used to display the artist, album, song titles and display album artwork from iTunes. None of that information is being displayed now. I went into the settings menu under media player and tried changing to Gracenote and clearing the index info for the iPod. It didn't appear to change anything. Have any of you experienced this? How did you fix it? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Did the cyanlabs update to 3.4 today. Everything seems to work great, just have a mustang logo on boot so I'll have to find someone with forscan to change that

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did the cyanlabs update to 3.4 today. Everything seems to work great, just have a mustang logo on boot so I'll have to find someone with forscan to change that
That went away for me after I shut the car off completely and restarted it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Have a look in the FORScan programming thread and the info is in there. You need that and a compatible cable.
Can anyone help me with a quick link to thebsection that mentions how to do this?....i looked and have found lots of useful info but nothing in regards to a “how to” on getting the navi arrows on the speedo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Success 3.0 to 3.4 on a Australia RHD release 2017 RS following Cyanlabs.net tutorial.
Via the setting menu I had to complete the SYNC factory reset to have maps start working. Before this SYNC factory reset there were navigation error popups.

541 - 553 of 553 Posts