Ford Focus RS Forum banner
521 - 540 of 563 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Version 3.4 on my screen is bright white during the day and blue at night. I have full turn by nav and WAZE works perfectly with Android Auto.
I restored back my colors, and after a reboot, my startup display is back to the Ford GT display I had set up with FORscan.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Version 3.4 on my screen is bright white during the day and blue at night. I have full turn by nav and WAZE works perfectly with Android Auto.
I restored back my colors, and after a reboot, my startup display is back to the Ford GT display I had set up with FORscan.
AH, did you set the turn by turn in the gauge cluster with FORscan? That might explain why I don't have it, I haven't messed with any FORscan settings.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
AH, did you set the turn by turn in the gauge cluster with FORscan? That might explain why I don't have it, I haven't messed with any FORscan settings.
Yup, you have to set the navigation repeater using FORScan. IIRC you can set it using the dropdown menus now, way back when I set it in my car the only way to do so was manually edit the settings.

The only downsides from upgrading to 3.4 is that you have to choose between being able to use the keyboard while driving and having the street names spoken, and you can't go back to version 3.0 yourself. Pretty minor gripes considering all of the improvements, two of the best is that I set my background to the night colors and it hasn't reset once on me and automatic daylight savings time adjustment.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Yup, you have to set the navigation repeater using FORScan. IIRC you can set it using the dropdown menus now, way back when I set it in my car the only way to do so was manually edit the settings. <---------THIS

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
368 Posts
Go to settings and then display the vehicle graphic

See info on this page here

Economy Coach - I assume you are talking about the indicator recommending to upshift. That was removed in late 2016 via a PCM firmware update by Ford.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just did the 3.4 update and everything works fine besides the cars navigation. Apple car play works. Climate works. However everytime i push the navigation icon nothing happens. Im able to Get to the navi settings via the settings menu but thats about it......any help....never used forscan btw.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you have to reinstall maps and nav voices after the update...at least according to the instructions everyone is following here. I haven't actually done it yet since I don't want to give anyone a reason to deny warranty work on the head unit if i need it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you have to reinstall maps and nav voices after the update...at least according to the instructions everyone is following here. I haven't actually done it yet since I don't want to give anyone a reason to deny warranty work on the head unit if i need it.
Correct, that's the 2nd part to the steps when upgrading to 3.4.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just did the 3.4 update and everything works fine besides the cars navigation. Apple car play works. Climate works. However everytime i push the navigation icon nothing happens. Im able to Get to the navi settings via the settings menu but thats about it......any help....never used forscan btw.
If you are going by the old instructions, you have to install the maps and voice after you install the 3.4 upgrade. If you are going by the new instructions, make sure you downloaded the one with Nav and not the non nav version.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
I recently updated to version 3.4.

It took about 30 minutes total using the link @Focus112 posted.
If you had a custom boot screen or custom colors that you added with FORScan they will be gone. You will have to reinstall with FORScan. The climate screen survived the update.
If you haven't done the update, remember you will have to relink Android Auto, your phone, wifi, and any other bluetooth device you had attached.
I really disliked the white background, so back to FORScan to fix it.
I’m downloading the files tonight and will update tomorrow morning.

@seniorgeek did you understand anything about the APIM firmware update...

Edit forget about my question @seniorgeek! I found some more about it in the comments from the site and I wont risk it!

Installed it this morning, works fine except it seems I might have needed to customize the install files to include french canadian language. I can get the menus and displays to switch to French but all the voice and nav commands are english only at the moment!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts

It seems the files below which were called for in the reformat.lst file and were also included in the SyncMyRide folder on the thumb drive I used should have taken care of the French Canadian language for the voice commands and nav commands:
VOICE=5U5T-14G391-CB_133518.tar.gz
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-CAC_1542757383000.TAR.GZ
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-CBC_1542757419000.TAR.GZ
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-CCC_1542757451000.TAR.GZ

Anybody had issues with the voice/nav commands after switching languages with the 3.4 update so far? I understand most are using english which should not be an issue!

How long does it take the unit to switch from one language to another? Is it instantaneous or does it need to ''Load'' it somehow? Maybe my driving around the neighborhood wasn't long enough after the update was done and it will be speaking French next time I use the car? Should I do anything different and repeat the update? I posted asking for help on that site with the update files, hopefully between this forum and the sync update page someone will have a fix for this issue!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

It seems the files below which were called for in the reformat.lst file and were also included in the SyncMyRide folder on the thumb drive I used should have taken care of the French Canadian language for the voice commands and nav commands:
VOICE=5U5T-14G391-CB_133518.tar.gz
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-CAC_1542757383000.TAR.GZ
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-CBC_1542757419000.TAR.GZ
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-CCC_1542757451000.TAR.GZ

Anybody had issues with the voice/nav commands after switching languages with the 3.4 update so far? I understand most are using english which should not be an issue!

How long does it take the unit to switch from one language to another? Is it instantaneous or does it need to ''Load'' it somehow? Maybe my driving around the neighborhood wasn't long enough after the update was done and it will be speaking French next time I use the car? Should I do anything different and repeat the update? I posted asking for help on that site with the update files, hopefully between this forum and the sync update page someone will have a fix for this issue!
Can you be more specific? Do you have nav in motion (keyboard and reading texts enabled while moving)? Try reverting to the previous setup if still having issues.

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Can you be more specific? Do you have nav in motion (keyboard and reading texts enabled while moving)? Try reverting to the previous setup if still having issues.
I read my last post again I must admit it was a bit confused at the end! I meant I posted on the cyanlabs comment section asking for advice. And I was trying to find if someone else had a similar issue here on the forum.

Specifically, my issue is after I changed the language to French in the sync setting menu:
  • All icons and menus changed to French (except the Navigation POI menus but that doesnt matter);
  • All my sync voice commands and nav commands are still stuck to english —> the issue I’m trying to solve.

I used the all-in-one method for the cyanlabs link. My understanding of the thumb drive format is that the install file and SyncMyRide folder already included all the files required for Canadian French voice commands and nav commands to be installed.

I did have a few things enabled through Forscan before the update:
  • Nav in motion;
  • Nav repeater;
  • Climate control screen;
  • Climate control temperature repeater;
  • Custom/5th drive mode (although this one does not affect the APIM I believe).

If the cyanlabs guys dont come up with an answer I will try to revert the Forscan changes to see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got mine working. I literally just downloaded the “with nav” file agin and extracted it to the usb. Plugged it in and then everything started working. How exactly do you get the navigation arrows on the speedometer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

521 - 540 of 563 Posts