Ford Focus RS Forum banner

501 - 520 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Has anyone tried the new official update that Ford put out? I can't get the site to work, and I'm on 3.4 anyway, but just curious if it has any improvements. The email said it had Amazon's Alexa to spy on your while driving.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Got this in the mail. What do you guys think? Is this different than the map link posted on this thread?
I also got it a couple of weeks ago and immediately threw it away - it isn't for upgrading the Sync 3 software but for updating the navigation maps. If it was free or close to it I might have considered it but for $100 - no way.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Are there directions for updating to sync 3.4?

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
331 Posts
Are there directions for updating to sync 3.4?
Not officially because it’s not possible officially.
Search internet for it. F150 forum has some instructions.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Not officially because it’s not possible officially.
Search internet for it. F150 forum has some instructions.
I saw those ones, looked kind of sketchy. 3.4 is so nice though

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
331 Posts
It’s works fine.
They got the info from here first before the forum mods deleted the content.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I just updated to 3.4 using these new instructions. It was incredibly easy - took 10 minutes.

Reactions: ilDiavel

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just curious for those on 3.4, does it retain the RS splash screen? Haven't updated yet but planning on doing it soon.

·
Registered
221 Posts
@Focus112 @Zaluss

Just curious, does this work with CarPlay? Not quite sure if you guys use iPhones or not but wanted to ask.
  • Android Auto navigation on the small screen in the Dash Cluster / Speedo. (potentially car play aswell)

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I recently updated to version 3.4.

It took about 30 minutes total using the link @Focus112 posted.
If you had a custom boot screen or custom colors that you added with FORScan they will be gone. You will have to reinstall with FORScan. The climate screen survived the update.
If you haven't done the update, remember you will have to relink Android Auto, your phone, wifi, and any other bluetooth device you had attached.
I really disliked the white background, so back to FORScan to fix it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I recently updated to version 3.4.

It took about 30 minutes total using the link @Focus112 posted.
If you had a custom boot screen or custom colors that you added with FORScan they will be gone. You will have to reinstall with FORScan. The climate screen survived the update.
If you haven't done the update, remember you will have to relink Android Auto, your phone, wifi, and any other bluetooth device you had attached.
I really disliked the white background, so back to FORScan to fix it.
White background? Mine is blue with the options to change to a couple other colors that are similar. I also locked it into night mode. I like it better than 3.0.

The climate features on by default for 3.4 now. I have yet to get the turn by turn in the gauge cluster when using android auto and google maps or waze, that some reported came with the 3.4 upgrade.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
@Focus112 @Zaluss

Just curious, does this work with CarPlay? Not quite sure if you guys use iPhones or not but wanted to ask.
  • Android Auto navigation on the small screen in the Dash Cluster / Speedo. (potentially car play aswell)
I use Android auto and nav comes on the dash now. It's just the arrow with street names though. It's the same build that's on the new Ford's so I can't imagine carplay doesn't work

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
White background? Mine is blue with the options to change to a couple other colors that are similar. I also locked it into night mode. I like it better than 3.0.

The climate features on by default for 3.4 now. I have yet to get the turn by turn in the gauge cluster when using android auto and google maps or waze, that some reported came with the 3.4 upgrade.
Forgot what forum I was on. Nav in the dash won't work on the RS. It works on my Fusion Sport. Sry

501 - 520 of 553 Posts