·
Registered
259 Posts
success! thanks

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
331 Posts
No changelog. Probably just bug fixes and may not notice any difference. We’d need to find any differences ourselves

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
I have updated to 19149 and it's in German. I thought there was a post about how to fix that but I can't seem to find that now. Does anyone have the info to fix this problem?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been following this thread as well as the Unofficial sync update thread since I bought my MY17 RS back in June of 2018. It came installed with version 2.3 (forget what the exact build was). Then I updated to version 3.0 build 18025 using one of the "official" links posted earlier in this thread (that was the most recent at the time). Then Ford released build 18093 on owner.ford.com and I downloaded directly from there and upgraded to that version. That is still the version on my car today. Although since then, theres been builds 18261, 19119, and 19149 talked about and posted on both the official and unofficial threads. One question I have is what exact makes a build "official" vs. "unofficial"? Because as of today, when I log into owner.ford.com and check the sync upgrade page, it says I am up to date and no new downloads are available. Yet according to both these threads, that build is 4 builds old. And as far as I know 18093 was the last build that other users had show up in their owner.ford accounts. It seems like the other 3 newer builds have come from random google drive links, or links to that Russian sync3 forum.

·
Registered
331 Posts
All the links to the versions are direct found on fords binaries servers. Official is ford released to owners through the ford owners site. Unofficial is new versions found and not released by ford - but they are Ford updates. It’s fine to go with the unofficial updates.

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
I checked my owners site and told me there's an update available: JR3T-14G381-AS SYNC3 v3.0

Is that the same?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I checked my owners site and told me there's an update available: JR3T-14G381-AS SYNC3 v3.0

Is that the same?
Yes the "-AS" refers to build 19205.

I wonder if this update is being rolled out in stages. I log into my owner.ford.com account and it still says that I do not have an update available for download.

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I've discovered something slightly interesting. As soon as you guys were reporting that the official build 19205 was available for download when you guys logged into owner.ford.com. I logged into my account and it said I was up to date (even though I am running the official build 18093 (JR3T-14G381-AM), which I downloaded from my owner.ford.com account back when that was first released). So today I was with a friend who has an identical spec'd car (2017 Focus RS with Navigation). The only difference is that he never updated his sync3 system ever. His is on the same version that shipped from the factory, whereas I updated to 18093 months ago as soon as that was available for download. I showed him that when I log in, owner.ford.com says I am up to date and that there isn't a download available. But then he went and logged into his account and it says he has a download available to update his sync system. So he downloaded it, and it is the updated version: JR3T-14G381-AS (build 19205). Know the fact that he was offered this update through the ford owner website and I wasn't was interesting. So I called Ford, gave them my VIN to look up my version of sync to check if it was the latest version. He said he sees that my car has v3.0 and that is the latest version of sync for this car (17 Focus RS). I said yes, but what about the specific build versions and let him know I'm on build 18093 of sync 3 v3.0 and the most recent is 19205 of sync 3 v3.0. He said he was not able to see that detailed and that the info he had on his end could only see that I am on sync 3 v3.0.

So I don't have any good explanation of why my friend (and many other people) are seeing the latest version available for download while I dont. Are any of you seeing anything similar and not being offered the latest version for download?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Just use his usb drive to update yours to 19205

·
Registered
258 Posts
If you want the official update, hit Ford's site - given your VIN, you know you'll be getting the right file, it's legit, and the instructions are easy to follow. Don't grab it off some third party site / service / etc., as benign as it may seem. Link:

My RS started to download the OTA update, but it was very slow to do so; I downloaded the archive from Ford's site and will install it via a flash drive later today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope this helps someone. Updating Sync3 was a nightmare! The instructions bear no resemblance to how files should look like on your USB.

After trying various combos and getting no help whatsoever from support, other than to book my car with a dealer (I was told by dealer who sold the car that it is chargeable, even though it's still under warranty), I finally succeeded.

I tried updating via WiFi but it took so long (over superfast broadband -- their servers are coal fired, I guess), I had to turn the ignition off after some 40 minutes sitting in the cold and 3/4 download. When I resumed, I had to start from zero kilobyte. Huh?

In the end, here is how I did it. When you unzip the downloaded file, file directory should look like following:

You need to then do the following before moving it to a USB stick:
  1. Rename folder to SyncMyRide
  2. Remove "SyncMyRide\" from all file names (be careful not to remove what follows the back slash!)
  3. Drag out autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA so both files are on the same level as SyncMyRide folder
The file hierarchy should look like following:

1. Ensure a USB stick is formatted as ExFat (in macOS, do a Get Info) and it contains no other files
  2. Copy the files to a USB stick, keeping the same hierarchy and transport it to your car
  3. Make sure your mobile is switched off or Bluetooth turned off if it is added to Sync3
  4. Insert the USB stick into a socket, ensuring all other USB connections are free
  5. Start the car, at which point you should see an update is being applied message
  6. Keep the car running for approx 10-15 minutes (not recommended), or go for a drive (best practice)
Once the update is completed, upload the '.xml' file to the Ford Sync3 site:
[Cannot post link]
Click Confirm Your Update, and follow steps.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Any changelog from the 2.3 to 3.0 (19205) version?

I updated last night and first thing I noticed is that to me the backup cam at night looked much brighter. And this morning Android Auto (AA) seamed to start up much faster, after starting the car with the phone already connected I think it appeared to load right into AA. Mine didn't put the XML on the drive, but I did get a message that I would not be allowed to play media files until my car was connected to Wifi to report the update to Ford.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I got a letter today from Ford saying there is a new Navigation update. I tried to access "syncnavagation.com/go"
got to the web site entered my VIN and sync sr number. Ford would not accept it I only have 7 numbers in SR on my sync3 and Fords wants 8 characters.
Therefore I can't get the update. Can anyone provide me a link to the lasted Nav maps?

·
Registered
331 Posts
I got an email from them too.
They want $109 for the map update - to 2017 maps. Not worth paying. There are other ways.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
I am familiar of the other ways.
Thanks.

481 - 500 of 553 Posts