Ford Focus RS Forum banner

461 - 480 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
So my car prompted an automatic update yesterday. The file was jr3t-14g423-cb.

I did some googling and have found nothing on this particular file. It updated, and I haven't noticed any difference. Anyone else get this? Any idea what, if anything, changed?

·
Registered
482 Posts
finally got my car to update last night, this thread is so long figured it wouldnt hurt to have another guide.

1. format flash drive as EXFAT using a windows computer

2. copy zip file onto root of flash drive and unzip to root.

3. copy/cut contents of unzipped folder to the root of the flash drive.

root contents should be, syncmyride, autoinstall.lst, and dontindx.msa. again these files need to be on the ROOT! not inside the folder. fords instructions are wrong!

4. start ignition, do not start car. go to general settings and master reset of radio.

5. once reset and radio reboots, shut ignition off and open door.

6. wait for radio to be fully off, close door and wait for the dome and DRL's to shut off.

7. start car, wait for radio to boot completely, and insert flash drive.

at any point of this process when the car asks about auto update, hit enable! Do not shut your car off until it tells you to!

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-3/downloads-and-updates/how-to-update-sync-3-with-navigation.html

xxxxx.JPG

·
Registered
248 Posts

I did some googling and have found nothing on this particular file. It updated, and I haven't noticed any difference. Anyone else get this? Any idea what, if anything, changed?
Mine downloaded something yesterday but I'm not sure if the download was complete - the Sync3 system rebooted while I was driving home and showed an update message but I did not see any changes to versions and the message was just a generic "Continuous improvement..." or something similar which I got during last upgrade as well.

·
Registered
Focus RS 2017 RS2 Nitrous Blue
331 Posts

That's a gracenotes file update.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think the only thing I noticed with update is you can seek through tracks using the touch screen slider like you would on a smart phone. Really awesome feature that was sorely missing

·
Registered
295 Posts
My car started to download this when I was connected to wifi for a short time. Of course it did not finish.
I don't really understand how this automatic update download is supposed to work. I have updated in the past via USB flash drive without issues.
If you are only connected for a short time to wifi, the update download is going to continue to fail. When I returned to a wifi connection, I tried checking for update again and got only an error message about the earlier download had failed, and that I should try again.
Am I supposed to connect to every wifi I can find and hope that the Idiot update software will eventually download?
I did visit owner.ford.com and it said my Sync was up to date. Why, if it is up to date, is the Idiot Sync trying and failing to download an update?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Just came back from Lally Ford booking car in to fix more issues from head gasket recall and asked about update. I have tried three times unsuccessfully thus the inquiry. THEY QUOTED $400 plus tax to do the version 3.0 upgrade. Can we say stealership?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Just came back from Lally Ford booking car in to fix more issues from head gasket recall and asked about update. I have tried three times unsuccessfully thus the inquiry. THEY QUOTED $400 plus tax to do the version 3.0 upgrade. Can we say stealership?
I feel your pain, i gave up for almost a year and was only encouraged by fords decision to finally push an update to the ford owner site. hilariously i waited all this time and even their instructions were wrong.. anyways, try following my little guide :)

https://www.focusrs.org/forum/15-focus-rs-garage/30-focus-rs-electronics/102769-official-sync-3-v3-0-now-available-post2199162.html#post2199162

·
Registered
41 Posts
My car started to download this when I was connected to wifi for a short time. Of course it did not finish.
I don't really understand how this automatic update download is supposed to work. I have updated in the past via USB flash drive without issues.
If you are only connected for a short time to wifi, the update download is going to continue to fail. When I returned to a wifi connection, I tried checking for update again and got only an error message about the earlier download had failed, and that I should try again.
Am I supposed to connect to every wifi I can find and hope that the Idiot update software will eventually download?
I did visit owner.ford.com and it said my Sync was up to date. Why, if it is up to date, is the Idiot Sync trying and failing to download an update?
Mine was connected in my garage. I left the car and it continued and successfully updated. I think that's the intention.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Apparently Sync 3 v3.0.19149 has officially been released on ford owner site (although the update page isn't loading for me right now).

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yeah i think the site is updating or having issues. They are releasing it today.
Its the official release that primarily fixes the incorrect speed sent to carplay and AA.
Will continue trying later if I can't find the link from the binaries server

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good catch that was the exactly the wrong file I uploaded lol, it let me dl the correct file directly from Ford yesterday, but I must have had that in my DL folder still from awhile back. Link is fixed to the correct file now.

461 - 480 of 553 Posts