Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 552 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
Can this be done from inside the car if you have WiFi in the garage?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Maybe. Best to use a USB drive instead.
This should be version 18025
I had installed the unofficial 18025 last week. I downloaded the latest version from Ford's website and put it on a USB drive. The car went through the update procedure and then told me that there is no need since the car was up to date already.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had 2.0 and updated to 3.0 via USB... or so I thought
Said update was successful. Turned car off but it was still 2.0

Oh well

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can confirm the Build is 18025.

Mine took about 20 minutes. Feedback on the screen is minimal. When you first start it takes several minutes before it even shows "Updating System Software" at the top of the screen so wait for it. Unlike some earlier updates everything continued to work with no pauses or other screen interruptions. Radio worked the entire time. After 20 minutes I got the message to remove the USB stick and shut off the car for 5 minutes. Restarted and all is good.

And for the first time I was even able to report a successful install on the Ford owner site. This has never worked for me in the past.

·
Premium Member
3,355 Posts
What's different?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Changes:
Overall quicker and smoother UI + UI tweaks
Bug fixes for Apple Carplay and Android Auto.
Base framework for Waze support
Also, if you turn off the display it will now remember your auto/day/night setting. Prior to 3.0 it would always revert to auto when the display was turned back on. Very useful if you swap out the Sony face-plate with one that includes the DISP button like I did. I think some of the icons were also updated from 2.2.

I do hope they fixed the issue I was having with mine while running the unofficial 3.0, if I answered an incoming call the auto was not routed thought the head unit, I would have to on screen switch it to the phone's loud speaker to hear the caller. Using the same phone in my loaner with 2.3 I can answer calls just fine.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Anyone want to upload the files for non-Nav to google drive for us owners stuck on 2.0 from August '16 that ford refuses to push updates to?

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I had 2.0 and updated to 3.0 via USB... or so I thought
Said update was successful. Turned car off but it was still 2.0

Oh well
It will probably be updated the next time you check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
I have the unofficial 3.0 update build 18025 installed. When I tried to install the official update I received this message No update needed your version is current.
So I guess all is well for now.

What is the build version on the official 3.0 update?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I also cannot download, stuck on sync 3 2.2. Ford sync chat told me the download was only available at the dealership.

ETA: can someone please upload the OFFICIAL file from owner.ford.com?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the unofficial 3.0 update build 18025 installed. When I tried to install the official update I received this message No update needed your version is current.
So I guess all is well for now.

What is the build version on the official 3.0 update?
As OP stated in Post #8 of this thread...

Official version is SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT, build 18025.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Updated to 3.0 successfully on my 2017 non-nav car, but now I get this message every time I start the car-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 552 Posts