Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Minneapolis area for me. I went to the Minnetonka dealership yesterday. They took my info, let me test drive an ST to get a feel for the model and said they would get back to me when order banks open. /shrug

My car doesn't have the torque steering effect so I am not very used to a car with oomph acting that way. Hope the RS feels more like a rocket.
I like all the bonus stuff like multi color lights, gauge locations, push button start, keyless entry.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Minneapolis area for me. I went to the Minnetonka dealership yesterday. They took my info, let me test drive an ST to get a feel for the model and said they would get back to me when order banks open. /shrug

My car doesn't have the torque steering effect so I am not very used to a car with oomph acting that way. Hope the RS feels more like a rocket.
I like all the bonus stuff like multi color lights, gauge locations, push button start, keyless entry.
The RS with AWD has no torque steer, but no muilti-color lights either , only white and yes it will be a rocket :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm up in Duluth. Current car is the cobalt ss turo, 2009, w/ gmpp stage 1, near 300hp. Lots of fun torq steer, but not as bad usually since it has lsd. I have an evo x at the moment tuned to 4xx hp and it makes my SS feel slow as hell. Thinking about getting the RS now, but also contemplating waiting until August next year to get a 17.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey. Minneapolis hopeful owner here.
I've talked to Invergrove Ford who is planning to do MSRP. Their allocations are spoken for, doing "special orders" now.
New Brighton Ford didn't know what an RS was (maybe confused as it wasn't a truck???), so not too excited about buying there.
AutoNation isn't spoken for, but the guy I talked to wasn't sure on pricing but guessed 3% over MSRP. I wouldn't be surprised 3% or MSRP either way.
I have a deposit with Sterling Heights Ford, an 11 hour drive away. They're doing MSRP. Will be converting the deposit into an allocation on the 12th, with all going well. Bit of a haul, but whatever.

Are there any MN ford groups? The "Minnesota Ford Enthusiasts" forums and facebook group seems absolutely dead. There is a Raptor offroad meet, but I'm not sure an RS would fit in with a bunch of offroad trucks. It would be cool to meet up with some other non-truck ford people.
I'm currently driving a Honda Fit with 109HP stock. It is such a hateful drive. The Fit must go, RS or bust!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was hoping the RS would get similar treatment like the rs rally kit the fiesta got from ford racing to get it into rally'ing.
The raptor runs are fun, I've done a snoball one but man is it a lot of driving to get out to the area

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey guys! Just ordered / put a deposit down at Jay Malone in Hutchinson, MN. Under MSRP. Nitrous Blue RS2. Live about an hour west of the Cities.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You must go to that outdoor go kart track often? ;)
Out there at least 3X per week! My 7yo son races karts and pounds out practice laps there all the time. Would be fun to have a meet and greet out there with the MN RS owners. www.stockholmkartingcenter.com They have a party room we could use for trash talking before/after we race :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Out there at least 3X per week! My 7yo son races karts and pounds out practice laps there all the time. Would be fun to have a meet and greet out there with the MN RS owners. Stockholm Karting Center ? Cokato, MN | Go Kart Rentals For Fun or Competition! They have a party room we could use for trash talking before/after we race :)
hahah nice! our car/race group usually go out once a year, but people have been busy this year. Someone was able to take their lambo on it...... :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Don't know if this helps: but the following dealers have $5-10K markups and allocations available:
Superior Ford
Metro Ford
Shakopee Ford
Autonation (While Bear)
Apple Valley Ford
Freeway Ford

I have only found two metro dealers who said they were not marking up the car but none of them have allocations available and I am probably looking at a 6-12 month wait list once the car is released.

If anyone knows of a dealer that has allocations and is selling at MSRP please let me know.

·
Registered
203 Posts
^^Jay Malone has one in Hutchinson, I just had to back out.
Thanks, I called them but they said they don't have any allocations for their dealer but could order an RS and it might be here sometime in June-Aug but that they were not sure of delivery date. It seems that the dealers who still have allocations available all want $5-10K ADM with most wanting $10K ADM.

1 - 20 of 476 Posts
About this Discussion
475 Replies
61 Participants
mullick
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing