Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We should have a repository for official information, I know I've missed some things so please post them below with links if necessary and I'll add the info to this post with edits

European price list
http://www.pdf-archive.com/2015/09/16/ford-focus-rs-price-list-16th-september-2015/ford-focus-rs-price-list-16th-september-2015.pdf

Pricing

35,730 base price
$875 - destination
$2785 - RS2 package
$895 - power moonroof
$1395 - wheel package 1
$1990 - wheel package 2
$695 - Nitrous blue color option

Engine

2.3L eco boost turbo motor
4wd/6 speed transmission (manual only)
350hp/350tq **
23.2 pounds of boost (But the overboost function on the Focus RS lasts 20 seconds, and if you shift or lift off the throttle and then reapply it, the timer resets again for another 20 seconds, says Ford spokesman Paul Seredynski. Thus, the overboost function is practically permanent, allowing for the Society of Automotive Engineers to officially rate the Focus RS’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine at 350 hp and 350 pound-feet of torque.)
9.4:1 compression
4" thick intercooler
~3425 pounds (speculated) * (official European weight is 1529kg)
Colors: Nitrous Blue, Stealth Grey, Frozen White, Shadow Black

Performance

0-62 in 4.7 seconds (real world will probably be 4.5 0 to 60)
1/4 mile - Online calculators say anything from 12.4/110mph to 13.1/110mph, being that this car is awd, I would bet it will be closer to the 12.80 rather than the 13.10
Top speed - 165mph
For the U.S. market, the 2016 Focus RS delivers a total of 350 horsepower at 6,000 rpm on way to 6,800-rpm redline and 350 pound-feet of torque at 3,200 rpm.

Gas mileage

7.7l/100km - 33mpg US or 40mpg UK
10.0l/100km - 23.5mpg US or 28mpg UK
6.3l/100km - 37mpg US or 45 mpg UK
13.9 gallon gas tank

Speculated MPG figures to date 21/29/23

Wheels

Forged wheels save 1 ½ lbs per wheel, first mention was 2.2 lbs per wheel.
5x108 +50mm offset 19x8

Interior

The base Recaro seats on the U.S. Focus RS seats are stolen from the U.S. Focus ST with the ST2 package,
NO auto-dimming rear-view mirror
NO cooled seats, optional heated
The key to comfort for U.S. Focus RS buyers will surely be paying the extra $2,785 for the RS2 package, which adds power leather/Dinamica (similar to Alcantara) Recaro seats with adjustable lumbar support. These seats are shared with the U.S. Focus ST’s ST3 package, but they use different covers.
USA gets the much-improved new Sync 3 system on the Focus RS. Ford also says that Sync 3 will eventually support both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Navigation is available on Sync 3 if you spec the RS2 package. U.S. cars also feature a standard 10-speaker Sony audio system. That system is optional in Europe, where a nine-speaker system is their base radio setup

Exterior

Nitrous Blue
Stealth Grey
Frozen White
Shadow Black

we get fixed bi-xenon headlights without washers. HID automatic headlamps with LED signature lighting and cornering functionality

Suspension

Tenneco dual-mode suspension -- Normal or Sport -- independently from the currently selected drive mode
RS is claimed to be capable of delivering more than 1.0 g of  lateral acceleration.

New technology

Called “stall recovery,” it uses start-stop engine technology–a fuel-saving feature that automatically shuts off the engine during temporary stops–to automatically restart the engine if the driver accidentally stalls it. The interesting new technological twist is that Ford’s stall-recovery feature automatically engages the clutch pedal in order to start the car back up after it has stalled.

** https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/ca/en/news/2015/09/16/ford-focus-rs-62mph-in-4-7-seconds.html

·
Registered
148 Posts
2016 Focus Sedan & Hatchback | View All Specifications | Ford.com

Using this sheet we can put together some information.

Fuel tank capacity is 12.4, same as all other trims of Focus.
Cargo volume behind 2nd row is significantly smaller. 19.9 CU. FT. compared to 23.8 CU. FT. in the ST. Probably due to a raised floor to fit the RDU.
Interesting note, no spare tire. Only a "Tire Mobility Kit." Again probably due to the raised trunk floor. That info can be found here. 2016 Ford Focus RS | The 2016 Ford Focus RS | Ford.com

·
Registered
367 Posts
Power is 345bhp – that’s 17bhp less than the 2.5-litre five-cylinder delivers in the RS3 but there could be the potential to up power even further in future with a limited-run model.
Future RS500?!

Also stating gas mileage can be as high as 35mpg.

This car will weigh alot more than 3200lbs plus 20kg. lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
That weight is official or no?

Is that also European weight?

If so it will probably be higher than that here in the US

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
That weight is official or no?

Is that also European weight?

If so it will probably be higher than that here in the US

I don't think that is official. It looks like the weight of the ST with 44lbs added to it (since in the one article they mention the AWD system only added 20kg

The second major innovation on the new RS Focus is the low weight of the new four-wheel drive transmission. It’s thought the system only adds around 20kg to the car – a similar weight penalty to that which the clever RevoKnuckle front suspension setup added on the last generation RS. However, with Ford’s latest Dynamic Torque Vectoring system, RevoKnuckle is now redundant.

Crowley

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I don't think all that info is for the RS. Some of it just sounds wrong.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If something does happen to be wrong, I'll edit of course

I don't think all that info is for the RS. Some of it just sounds wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Not surprised at all by this. My 230hp 19K srt-4 required premium.
I'm not surprised at all. I just know that there are people that will buy this car expecting it to run fine on 87. I know several people that bought the 86-87 Acura Integra only to run regular in it when it too required premium. I think the electronic timing on the 88-89 removed the premium requirement, but I didn't own one of those.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
From evo magazine:

The driver is further aided to get the best from the RS’s acceleration with a series of shift lights set at the optimum 5900rpm upshift point, with the redline set at 6800rpm.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Why would anyone buy the RS thinking it would run on 87 octane when all of our Focus ST models run on 91 octane?
I mean, I just automatically assumed it had to run on 91+ octane....just like most other performance turbocharged cars do.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Why would anyone buy the RS thinking it would run on 87 octane when all of our Focus ST models run on 91 octane?
I mean, I just automatically assumed it had to run on 91+ octane....just like most other performance turbocharged cars do.
Hell just wait until prices sky rocket agsin. Its great now at least in Texas.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Actually the ST runs quite well on Regular 87 Octane. Believe it or not some people are mpg conscience. ...but, then again most people don't actually understand what higher octane provides and DOESN'T provide. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
We should have a repository for official information, I know I've missed some things so please post them below with links if necessary and I'll add the info to this post with edits

35,730 base price
$875 - destination
$2785 - RS package
$895 - power moonroof
$1395 - wheel package 1
$1990 - wheel package 2
$695 - Nitrous blue color option

2.3L eco boost turbo motor
4wd/6 speed transmission (manual only)
350hp/347tq *
3223 + 44lbs = 3267 pounds **
Colors: Nitrous Blue, Stealth Grey, Frozen White, Black

Performance:
0-62 in 4.7 seconds
1/4 mile ???
Top speed - 165mph

** New Ford Focus RS: 345bhp mega hatch on sale now from £28,940 | Auto Express
gte,

Thanks for starting this. It would be some work on your part but would be very nice and beneficial to all if you could take new information and data as it comes in and edit and update you first page; dating it and mentions key added material.

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 115 Posts
About this Discussion
114 Replies
44 Participants
NZWINRZ
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing