Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Shaay, Whitney, and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, SYNC 3, MyFord Touch, and navigation. Whitney will be your primary IVT rep, but Shaay and I will jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. We can't wait to get to know all of you!

Rebecca

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Hey everyone!

I'm excited to say that Shaay, Whitney, and I have joined this forum to provide support for SYNC, SYNC 3, MyFord Touch, and navigation. Whitney will be your primary IVT rep, but Shaay and I will jump in from time to time. We'll be lurking and learning the forum over the next few days, as well as jumping in to answer any questions you may be asking. In the meantime, shoot us a PM or tag us in a post if you need assistance or have any questions. We can't wait to get to know all of you!

Rebecca
Welcome!

Does Sync3 support now or if not when are there plans to support Apple CarPlay, MirrorLink, and Android Auto ?

Thanks YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, guys! We're really happy to be here!

Welcome!

Does Sync3 support now or if not when are there plans to support Apple CarPlay, MirrorLink, and Android Auto ?

Thanks YMMV,

MidCow3
I can't speak to MirrorLink, but we are still working on getting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto incorporated into SYNC 3. We'll release more information about this at a later date on Media.Ford.com. Stay tuned!

Rebecca

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome :cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Very cool and welcome!

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Hey everyone!

Rebecca
Welcome and thanks for joining to offer support! Just a quick question regarding Sync3. Will there be any options to customize the UI at all? Something as simple as adding a background image (like Sync2) would be nice. In watching videos comparing Ford Sync3 to Lincoln Sync3, I also like the darker colors of the Lincoln system a lot more; the option to change BG colors and button/icon colors would be amazing!

Cheers!
Josh

·
Registered
262 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome! Do you anticipate Apple CarPlay being available prior to the first RS delivery? Also curious about UI customization as previously asked. Do you know if there will be a Sync 3 demo available in Denver anytime soon?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys,

Thanks for the warm welcome. You guys are awesome!

Welcome and thanks for joining to offer support! Just a quick question regarding Sync3. Will there be any options to customize the UI at all? Something as simple as adding a background image (like Sync2) would be nice. In watching videos comparing Ford Sync3 to Lincoln Sync3, I also like the darker colors of the Lincoln system a lot more; the option to change BG colors and button/icon colors would be amazing!

Cheers!
Josh
Josh,

Those are some great ideas! The best way to have them heard is to visit our Ford Social page. Our engineers use the site to gather information/ideas from customers like yourself. Thanks for the feedback.

Check it out: https://social.ford.com/content/fordsocial/en/home-page.html

Welcome to the forum @FordIVTTeam!

I had a question regarding phone compatibility and Sync 3. On the Sync 3 phone list (How Does Your Phone & Service Work With Sync | SYNC Help | Official Ford Owner Site), quite a few flagships aren't listed as being compatible (namely, the LG G4). Will that list grow over time, or is there something fundamentally incompatible about Sync 3 and certain devices?

Thanks,
kb
kb,

The list will continue to grow as we test devices. I haven't heard of any specific issues regarding the LG G4. It may not be listed because it has not been officially tested. I'll check with my support and let you know if there are any red flags.

Whitney

·
Registered
130 Posts
@FordIVTTeam,
This thread got me interested, so I started looking into the AppLink SDK. I was quite surprised to the amount of vehicle info that an app can subscribe to. I see there is a long list of thou-shall-not's related to what an app can and can't do in order to get Ford approval, but I was wondering if there is any stipulation about racing-focused apps that could collect vehicle telemetry along with on-board phone sensors like the accelerometer to create an app that tracks things like lap times and other racing-focused info? (Much like the built in track computer in the new Corvettes)

Thanks!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Will Sync 3 retain the video input feature? I haven't seen a lot of information regarding the changes, and was hoping if it were to retain the video in, that maybe there could be something less archaic than A/V input; HDMI maybe even?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
@FordIVTTeam,
This thread got me interested, so I started looking into the AppLink SDK. I was quite surprised to the amount of vehicle info that an app can subscribe to. I see there is a long list of thou-shall-not's related to what an app can and can't do in order to get Ford approval, but I was wondering if there is any stipulation about racing-focused apps that could collect vehicle telemetry along with on-board phone sensors like the accelerometer to create an app that tracks things like lap times and other racing-focused info? (Much like the built in track computer in the new Corvettes)

Thanks!
Hi jlange,

Since I am only trained on SYNC functionality, I forwarded your question to my support. Once I receive a response I'll let you know. :)

Will Sync 3 retain the video input feature? I haven't seen a lot of information regarding the changes, and was hoping if it were to retain the video in, that maybe there could be something less archaic than A/V input; HDMI maybe even?

Hey Cam,

SYNC 3 does not have the video option. Adding an HDMI port is a great idea. Check out Ford Social and submit your thoughts/ideas: https://social.ford.com/content/fordsocial/en/home-page.html

Welcome, it is so great that we have numerous official Ford reps on this site!

Any plans for Windows Phone/Cortana support? :D
Hi mcrcracer,

Thanks for having us! I haven't heard anything about the integration of Cortana support; however, we are continuously working with multiple partners to bring you a better SYNC experience. Anything is possible so stay tuned!

Whitney

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Welcome, it is so great that we have numerous official Ford reps on this site!

Any plans for Windows Phone/Cortana support? :D
I certainly hope they support Windows 10 Mobile / Cortana. Owning a windows phone makes me feel like the red headed step child of mobile devices at times.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Heated seats and steering wheel are not available in our market - i.e. the UK. (Goodness knows why, it's cold enough here!) Will it be possible for an owner to retrofit these? As in, is the appropriate wiring already there, so adding the appropriate parts/switch will be all that's required? (And of course, have the dealer enable the functions if necessary - sometimes CANbus is not much fun!)

Jim

1 - 20 of 34 Posts