Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
I am working on squeezing every second out of the stock engine and stock tune. Here is my updated time running Falken Azenis RT-660 Tires at High Plains Raceway with the full course configuration. 2:07:10
HPR Stock RS 2:07:10
Also, I think I’m gonna try to see two tracks and do HPR and Pueblo in one weekend. Do you have any hot lap videos from Pueblo by any chance?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Real late to this party but has my first real track day ever yesterday. It was a blast at VIR with NASA. I got a 2.36.27 on the full course. Factor stock brake pages and rotors with 26,000 on them and everything else except a set of tires I got. They are MPSS about 10,000 on them. I was pretty happy for my first ever track day!

·
Registered
850 Posts
I am working on squeezing every second out of the stock engine and stock tune. Here is my updated time running Falken Azenis RT-660 Tires at High Plains Raceway with the full course configuration. 2:07:10
HPR Stock RS 2:07:10
I really enjoyed HPR, what a good track!

I only managed a 2:15.45. Comparing the videos, you were a few mph faster than me just about everywhere. I think some of that 8 second deficit was due to greasy tires and a heat soaked engine (it was 100 ambient) but I’m very very impressed with your 2:07, bravo!

I also really enjoyed Pueblo. Turns 5-7 were very tricky and fun to work on. Here is my favorite lap from that day, which was also 100 degrees.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Was back at VIR this weekend on the full course. Best time was today a 2:21.94 with Hankook RS4s and ferodo ds2500 pads. No traffic, got all my lines hooked up well, and it was my smoothest of the weekend by far! Had a few other low-2:20s too. I’ll try and pull the video tomorrow from my Gopro

·
Registered
850 Posts
The Focus ST/RS/Fiesta ST database on Facebook's ST/RS Track Drivers Club is where I submit all my times.
Thanks for sharing, I never knew about that group or database

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
This was my first time ever at a track, so I'm about as much of a newbie as possible with this. I do not have a good basis for what a "good" time is at Road America for a streetcar like ours, but I'll throw my time in the hat to start us off. I'm looking forward to more entries from Road America!

TrackStateDriverTimeMod List/Notes
Road AmericaWIarbartz952:55.617Michelin PS4S 265/35ZR18 Tires, Enkei NT03+m Wheels, Mountune Track Pads, Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid, Turbosmart 50/50 BOV, Green Filter, Big Mouth Intake

youtube . com/watch?v=f28IyQumbk4 (Can't post links yet, so remove the spaces)
Years later here.
But a 2:55 isn’t bad if it’s your first time in track. I was low 3:0x with my Focus ST. But that was on stock everything, including oem pads/fluid.

I’ve never had the RS at RA, but will probably take it one day.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts