Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey ladies and germs,

I have the ear of FoMoCo and wanted to see what sort of questions you guys have about the RS. Hopefully we can get some insight to the coming car from this. Help me assemble the questions and then we can submit a list and see what they will answer for us.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Maybe a question related to the chances of 2016 retail orders being fulfilled and 2017 MY availability? So us poor people who didnt get an allocation know the odds of us getting a 2016 car or even a 2017?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is the US going to see a price increase like the UK?

If so, what happens to us who have already ordered the car?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Anticipated delivery date!.. Something perhaps a bit more specific than "Spring" :)
This ^^^^^ and will they confirm allocations in writing and when will we have production scheduled?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Will there be any difference between MY 16 and MY 17? Any incentives for being an enthusiast besides having to pay an ADM?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Any special edition RS units in the works?

Final US weight, with and without forged wheels (and maybe with/without RS2 package)?

Any Ford Performance Packs (by Mountune) coming, HP numbers, and an ETA?

Will there ever be a CNC-Ported cylinder head offered by Ford Performance?

Any other Ford performance bits, suspension upgrades, brakes, etc.?

When will repair parts go online?

Will a factory repair manual (DVD) be available, and when/how much $?

Jim

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Full specs, Weight, and gear ratios

Service intervals for AWD

Turbo Specs, Compressor map would be best :)

Any upgrades to the fuel system? 35hp over the Mustang would assume some.

Specific trans upgrades, only has been stated it was done, not what.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Can we have clarification on the delivery times?
When will Ford release all relevant information and specifications about the car?
Can the ordering process be improved and more transparent so we don't feel like we are groveling to the dealers to get the car?
Is Ford willing to take steps to stop the dealer network from damaging its brand?
Why isn't Ford Custom Order Tracking | ordertracking.ford.com working yet?
Why can't we have the metallic grey color in North America?
How do we get a list of local places to view the car in person? I called Ford HQ and they couldn't even tell me.
Are you willing to discipline your dealers when they damage the Ford brand with less than optimal buying experiences? Or attempted buying experiences?
Is Ford willing to set up a specialized and centralized buying/ordering website from Ford itself, so that we can order the cars directly from Ford and then take delivery and actually purchase them at our local dealership?

Hey ladies and germs,

I have the ear of FoMoCo and wanted to see what sort of questions you guys have about the RS. Hopefully we can get some insight to the coming car from this. Help me assemble the questions and then we can submit a list and see what they will answer for us.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Will sound deadening be removed relative to the Focus ST as it was in the GT350?
Will the ground clearance/ride height be the same as the Focus ST?
Will the turning radius be just as bad as the Focus ST?
What is the service life of the adaptive dampers? replacement cost?

·
Registered
520 Posts
If I recall correctly, not too long ago there was a similar thread to this by another member who claimed to "be in communication with Ford reps" and "relayed the information and would let us know the answer from the rep". Been over a week and still crickets on that thread. I'd find it if I could figure out how to link them. I'd recommend that people don't start threads like this anymore because most of the time they just stir up the rumor mill even more and we don't even realize that nobody from Ford got back to the OP, and we're back to square 1 with more rumors and no additional facts.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/1000-ordering-clarity.html

There's the other thread. No response back from Ford.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Can Ford provide pictures of the actual seats and their differences that accompany the RS1 & RS2 packages as the US configurator leaves a lot to be desired?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
If I recall correctly, not too long ago there was a similar thread to this by another member who claimed to "be in communication with Ford reps" and "relayed the information and would let us know the answer from the rep". Been over a week and still crickets on that thread. I'd find it if I could figure out how to link them. I'd recommend that people don't start threads like this anymore because most of the time they just stir up the rumor mill even more and we don't even realize that nobody from Ford got back to the OP, and we're back to square 1 with more rumors and no additional facts.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/1000-ordering-clarity.html

There's the other thread. No response back from Ford.
That would be me. Lets just say that the RS is faster than Ford's response. When you've got a team answering your questions it slows things down. The purpose of that thread was to help those trying to buy a Focus, not stir the rumor mill pot, actually the contrary. At Ford's mercy and patiently awaiting a response.

·
Super Moderator
15,369 Posts
Well, Ford is about to lose a loyal customer with their shenanigans.

I have owned nothing but Fords but this this latest turn of events and lack of info, I've considered turning to the darkside!

Prove me wrong Ford!

WWHFS? (What would Henry Ford say?)

1 - 20 of 412 Posts
About this Discussion
411 Replies
120 Participants
FoRS214
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing