Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to take my oem tail lights off tonight (to replace them with some spec-d's) and was unable to even slightly loosen the wingnuts. Has anyone else had this issue? I feel like I have above average grip strength, and I was putting gouges into my fingers trying to loosen them.

Yes, I was turning them counter clockwise. I am afraid of using a tool because the plastic seems like it would crack if I forced it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,233 Posts
They're sturdier than they look. I had to use some hefty pliers to get enough leverage to move them given the angle you have to twist at, and they were undamaged. They also don't need to go back on as tightly as they were before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's super confusing because the install videos I saw for them everyone has a really easy time removing the old ones.

But the absolute worst is the diode dynamics fog light cover video. The guy kind of casually pulls the cover off with one hand, almost half heartedly... The reality was I had a plastic crease in my fingers for a day after that one and thought it was going to snap it in half the whole time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
The smoke is illegal in PA, so I change mine frequently. I would recommend lubricant like Back in Black, Vaseline or the like on the pin that plugs into the rubber grommet on the fender. Mine stuck and pulled out. It popped back, but kinda freaked me out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts