Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I scraped the side of one of my rear rims on a cobble stone curb (that's like 1 grit sandpaper) right where the rim meets the tire about 10" along the diameter of the wheel, such a bummer:( especially when I was cut off by another driver. I go to ford and want to order another rim - $1900, that's for (1) rim. I just wanted to let you guys know what Ford is charging per rim if you have the upgraded 19" forged rim package. The very kind parts manager at my ford dealer mentioned by what the damage looks like he can have it sent out and repaired for a few $100 dollars, so I will be doing that when I swap my winter wheels on.

It boggles me because if you choose the upgraded wheel package when buying the car its about $1400, now that I own the car, have a damaged rim and want to purchase another OEM rim I will be charged nearly $2000 for (1) rim without tire? $10,000 rims and tires combined?? Am I missing something here? what is this nonsense, Ford why!!?? I guess this is what dealers do.. sad.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Just don't buy them from Ford? My SHO wheels from Ford were $1400 a piece yet I found them across the internet for closer to $400 a piece.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obviously wont be picking up the rim from Ford - was being sarcastic with the "why ford why", but I was just shocked at the $1900 and wanted to let you guys know, I'm sure these rims will pop up online in the future or maybe here on the forum.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Yep it was known that the forged set would be 2K per wheel

main reason why the Ford Triple Care extended warranty when purchased was not even questionable, now they are not going to replace the wheel for a Curb rash, but actual non cosmetic damage, they give a new wheel no questions unlimited number of times
That was a big reason I ponied up for Triple Care as well. I usually NEVER do that.

The other reason was that I was told that tire replacement was covered. However, can anyone confirm if this is voided out if you replace the tire with a different size or compound than what is listed on the VIN? Thinking of going to the Pilot 4S, which obviously was not an OEM tire, and didn't know if they'd still be covered.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Check the the For Sale thread OP, if you end up needing one. Sometimes you can find them there. I bought an extra standard wheel from a post, just in case I doing some curbing or bend one in a pothole.

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
Ah man. I should have ponied up the dough for the Triple care as well. After 6k miles, already have a rock chip on one of my forged wheels. Probably could get it repaired cheap, as its just paint, but still would be nice to just go,"here Ford, I want a new one."

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
if you had triple care id say hit it with a hammer, hard, but you dont, so baby it with a soft cloth

Ah man. I should have ponied up the dough for the Triple care as well. After 6k miles, already have a rock chip on one of my forged wheels. Probably could get it repaired cheap, as its just paint, but still would be nice to just go,"here Ford, I want a new one."

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
This is why I didn't want the forged wheels from Ford. They are expensive to replace and they are awfully heavy for a forged wheel.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been quoted $1975 plus GST as cost price for a single rim and that was at cost price from my dealer in Australia. Was going to get an extra rim as a spare but changed my mind when they gave me the price. Can not believe how much they want for a rim.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Naili beat me to it but the OEM forged wheels are only $421 plus $85 shipping from the UK via Pumaspeed.
How is that possible when they are $2k here in the states? Anyone ordered from them? For $500 I'll buy one in a heartbeat to replace the one I have with curb rash.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts