Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for recommendations from folks who've used OBD2 adapters and apps...iOS in particular.

I'd like to start playing around with them just for general kicks and giggles...but I'll also be trying to rig up something in my GT350R - due to arrive in a few weeks - that doesn't have electronics package. I'm thinking of mounting an iPad on the center console where I'd be able to get access to various important vehicle conditions.

Any advice?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I've used Torque for Android, it's pretty good. Would you consider getting an Android tablet instead of an iPad?
+1 for Torque, I picked up a ScanTool MX when it was 20% off during Amazon's Black Friday sale, I've been very pleased with both.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have $2,600 you can buy the software I write ;)

I've used Torque for Android, it's pretty good. Would you consider getting an Android tablet instead of an iPad?
I was thinking of a slightly lower price point ;-)
but that stuff looks cool.
I'd consider using an android tablet, yes...I have an older galaxy that I was given at work and I actually don't have any other use for it...we're pretty much wall-to-wall mac at my house.
Torque looked like the best app, overall...but appears to be android-only.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Torque is a great place to start. I bought Torque Pro to use with my STi before I had my Accessport and found it very helpful on all my vehicles. I'm an Android fan, but once you are in the App the OS has very little impact on what you are trying to do. I understand your hesitance in switching though. I wouldn't want to learn an Apple product having been PC and Android for so long.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I was thinking of a slightly lower price point ;-)
but that stuff looks cool.
I'd consider using an android tablet, yes...I have an older galaxy that I was given at work and I actually don't have any other use for it...we're pretty much wall-to-wall mac at my house.
Torque looked like the best app, overall...but appears to be android-only.
In that case I would highly suggest trying out Torque. It's probably the most recommended app of it's kind.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have an elm 327 blue tooth that works great for android. $12 shipped. Pm me 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
716 Posts
Supposedly the cheapo Chinese Bluetooth units are hit or miss, but the basic one I got on Amazon for $20 works great. Used it on a Honda, a Scion, and a Subaru - worked great!

Also, casting another vote for Torque Pro

·
Premium Member
3,264 Posts
I also suggest Torque Pro on Android. I have the PLX Kiwi BT OBD2 interface for Android. I know they make a PLX Kiwi Wifi OBD2 interface for Apple, since they are over restrictive on BT connections and such, but I have no idea on the software side what you would run on Apple.

Also a note on the PLX Kiwi adapters the newer ones have a port for gauge pods. Mine is old enough it does not have that update. My adapter was about $100

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you don't want to use Torque, there's also DashCommand which is for both Android and Apple.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use the GoPoint BT1 bluetooth adapter and the Dual Electronics XGPS160 with my iPhone/iPad. For data logging for track days and autox I use the TrackAddict HD Pro app. For normal diagnostics viewing I use DashCommand, which is similar to Torque.

I post edit with RaceRender 3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
xBoosted
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing