Ford Focus RS Forum banner

NYC/LI RS Owners

30K views 216 replies 52 participants last post by  Focused 
#1 ·
Now that production on the RS has (hopefully) started, I thought it would be a good idea to get to know some of my fellow RS owners who live in Long Island where I grew up and NYC where I currently live. After taking delivery I think it could be cool to meet up and drive some of the best roads and areas that only the NYC/LI people know.

So feel free to share where you're from, if you know of any great local places to drive the RS and if you'd be interested to meet up!

#3 ·
No no you're not the only one, I guess I'm the third??? I live in Brooklyn.

#6 ·
Anyone heading down to OBI on Sunday mornings? It's a great car show. I'd love to see some RS's down there. I'll be there bright and early with a couple other STs. There is almost always a huge turnout, and parking is limited so getting there before 8 is advisable. There's every kind of car down there, but mostly muscle and exotics.

For those that don't know, OBI is off ocean parkway just before Robert Moses causeway. The entrance is on the eastbound side.

I have a tangerine scream 2013 ST1 with a big turbo (EFR 6758).

#9 ·
I saw someone pull through OBI. Too bad the lot was so packed. I barely got a spot myself with my yellow ST lol. We need to get some meets going with the STs and RSs.

The NYST club upstate does a few cruises a year on nice twisty, scenic roads which I've been meaning to go to.

Reactions: Boost_me
#12 ·
Lived 38 years in the Bronx, just moved to Rockland the beginning of the year. I work I Yonkers so I'm still close, and I would go to any good meets if any are set up. I plan on hitting the bear mountain show regularly when I get the car.

#14 ·
Definitely try to get to OBI early, or do your best to troll for a spot. It was so packed today.

#16 · (Edited)
Mine is on the boat already, �� Should be arriving to port on August 15. I'm not sure how long it will take to show up at my dealership in Brooklyn. So far I think I might be one of the two who will have an RS in Brooklyn...??? Plus I work in Staten Island too, so you might see it parked somewhere too. NS RS2

Where is OBI? I've never been there before.

#18 ·
It's on the east end of Ocean Parkway (the one in Nassau and Suffolk County, not in BK lol).

#20 ·
I've seen the same NB RS a total of four times now on Long Island, owner lives in Suffolk (Miller Place/Rocky point area) and is on here, I believe. First time, it crossed in front of me at a light and I freaked out - I think my wife and kids thought I was crazy as I pointed and yelled, "RS, RS, RS!"

#22 ·
It's there every Sunday as long as it's not raining.

#35 ·
I think there's a little car show that meets at the Merrick train station Friday nights. There's also the Sunday morning meet at OBI/Captree (when Captree is free). That one starts at like 7am.

#38 ·
nyc rs owners wassup. reading thru thread i havent seen anyone try to get a group meet together.

lets try to make it happen. there is so little of us would be nice for us to gather and make a group drive to next years ford national

but inorder for it to happen we need to start now getting to know each other. anyone down.

ive been out of the car seen for a while so i dont know where the local meets are.
i know li has some spots but dont know if its to cold and if the meets have stopped.
there is always a nice drive up to bear mtn. if anyone could come up with better im open to suggestion

turbo weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe get stickers made up NYCRS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.