Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
The NX2 is just a CHEAP turbo and it's drop in. I could definitely get a great quality turbo that's smaller to better pair with my power limit but it'd cost me double what I got for my NX2 ($1000).
thats why I bought mine got a great deal.

I'll also need a fuel rail to run E85, that's like $2500 in parts alone and the install service quote I got was stupid expensive.
This is why I’m stuck at the point I am now on stock fuel, which as has been cited caps the power outputs. I don’t have endless $ or £ to blow away immediately and e85 not available here in Blighty ☹

·
Registered
530 Posts
Why not just run Piper BP285 cams and get a custom tune to max out the OEM turbo would probably give you the figure you want plus it'll make power to 7.5k. Would need a cold air intake and K&N filter plus a sports CAT downpipe and exhaust

But Methanol Injection is in the UK and as good if not better than E85 at reasonable money.

@ddipaola
Where did you purchase your NX2 for $1k

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Meth still requires the untold $ or £ on aux fuel and that’s my limitation.
I’m a little skeptical about a 2nd inj controller too, if it fails mid boost bye bye engine

Reactions: axelr

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Why not just run Piper BP285 cams and get a custom tune to max out the OEM turbo would probably give you the figure you want plus it'll make power to 7.5k. Would need a cold air intake and K&N filter plus a sports CAT downpipe and exhaust

But Methanol Injection is in the UK and as good if not better than E85 at reasonable money.

@ddipaola
Where did you purchase your NX2 for $1k
I got it used. I knew the guy who was selling it though so it was hardly used. He ended up selling his RS stock so I picked up his DP nad NX2.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Meth still requires the untold $ or £ on aux fuel and that’s my limitation.
I’m a little skeptical about a 2nd inj controller too, if it fails mid boost bye bye engine
I wont touch meth. If I'm looking for more out of my fueling (past E30) I'll just get the 4-port and run E85. There are lubricative properties in gasoline though for the fuel pump so I'll have to see if people are opting out of the OEM fuel pumps when running full E85 or what.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Problem with aux fuel for me is the secondary controller, outside the ecu
To run this you need 4 bar map sensors and guardian angel and other bits
Kerching the till draw is ringing again 👍👍

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
If you get an extra 4 injectors no need for the super expensive HPFP (y)
On the Tune+ site, their HPFP was the same price as the aid kit. It’s a much easier and cleaner install (only takes like an hour and there’s no need for a secondary module or wiring). I wasn’t sure if the HPFP must be combo’d with injectors or not though considering I want the power limited to sub 450 while running full E85 (another thought that came to me today).

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
The Xtreme Di pump is a direct fit and also has high flow injectors but it’s $2700,
Aux fuel kit only $1500

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
The Xtreme Di pump is a direct fit and also has high flow injectors but it’s $2700,
Aux fuel kit only $1500
I’m having the turbo install done by my mechanic. If it’s “not enough” for the butt dyno I’ll consider an aux fuel kit + E85. That I can at least do myself so it’s not a big deal if it’s not done at the same time. I can rent an hour of dyno time through Boost Controlled Performance and arrange a live tune with Adam at tune plus and post the results up here.

Repetition is just my pet peeve lmao... I have a goal in mind (420HP) and don’t want to do too little to the car but don’t want to do too much where I’ve wasted money. And I don’t feel like paying for multiple dyno sessions to figure my numbers out for myself... I see SO many different f-in dyno sheets with data that makes no sense. 93 making more power than E30, stock turbos making more power than the NX2.. the charts are all over. And it doesn’t help that tuners blatantly claim numbers on their sites that contradict what they tell you when you over the phone...

It’s not like bikes (my background) where all the sheets look pretty much the same +/- a couple ponies when recording performance with mods.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to rez this but I am dropping my RS off at Adams shop in a month. I'm still on stock bottoms end (27k miles) . Was gonna have him install my nx2/ downpipe/ charge pipes/ twinport wga/ and I picked up a tuneplus aux fuel kit from another member here for a great price, so was gonna have adam install that also and tune the car for e85 (we have it on pump) and 93. I don't want to ecoboom yet not until I got the funds for a short block + install + tune. Should I just ignore aux fuel kit install for now and just go nx2 and 93 tune. Only looking for 400-410 ("safe" zone hp). Let me know.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
fit it all now and just let adam know the level of tune you require, he wont push it anyway if he knows you're on stock internals

·
Registered
409 Posts
Really looking forward to your impression of Adam's "stock block" tune with the new turbo. I'm afraid of giving up too much bottom end for the slight gain up top while running a limited tune at 400-420 WHP. Yes, please share your thoughts once Adam has it dialed in (y)

Reactions: Williejay2009

·
Premium Member
112 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to rez this but I am dropping my RS off at Adams shop in a month. I'm still on stock bottoms end (27k miles) . Was gonna have him install my nx2/ downpipe/ charge pipes/ twinport wga/ and I picked up a tuneplus aux fuel kit from another member here for a great price, so was gonna have adam install that also and tune the car for e85 (we have it on pump) and 93. I don't want to ecoboom yet not until I got the funds for a short block + install + tune. Should I just ignore aux fuel kit install for now and just go nx2 and 93 tune. Only looking for 400-410 ("safe" zone hp). Let me know.
I’m adamtuned with aux fuel running E85 and the other stuff in my sig. idk definitely recommend E85 if it’s easily available. Won’t have to worry about knock and Adam will limit the tune to the stock block. Def install the nx2. Will pull til redline I assume but limited to Adam’s spec.

16 Ford Focus RS Grey
Eibach Sways /Adamtuned Auxfuel Kit/ Cobb AdamTuned/ Dsc Sport Controller/ Radium PcV CC./ K+N air filter /Tema 4x4 30mm spacer/massive sway endlinks//Full Race IC// Tune Plus Turbosmart IWG/ E76/ NGK LTR7BHX (95605) 1-step colder Ruthenium Spark Plugs DynoJet 8-Run Avg (417.23wtq/399.26whp)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
530 Posts
Crank or wheels?

What's current spec you're running now then
Figure are for wheels. Roughly the Current Spec list is -
Syvecs
Maps via Devil Developments and soon to be mapped in conjunction with DD and Race Cal ltd
Flex Fuel (Methanol)
TurboSmart Twin Port
Precision NX2
TurboSmart 50/50
Stage2 Ported Head
Piper BP285T cams
AUX Fuel
4x 1000cc Injectors
Ford Performance Exhaust
Miltek Sports CAT 200
All the supporting Mods - intercooler, CAI etc
OEM Factory Clutch
Built Engine includes -
Mahle Pistons
Carillo Rods
Norris Designs Deck Brace
Oil Control System
OEM HeadGasket

The car drives like factory until you press the go pedal, then it definitely doesn’t drive like factory

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
great spec I’m going single nozzle wmi and tuneplus update and hoping for 500 crank which should be achievable

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Totally agree with MEXRS

The TurboSmart Twinport is a must for the NX2 NOT an option but a must have item
Excuse my complete new guy question, where is everyone getting the twin port actuator for the nx2?

on the tune plus site I only see this one listed and it doesn’t specify or show twin port.

is it just not mentioned and a bad photo or does everyone get the twin port from elsewhere, if so, where can it be found or what part number to use?

thanks and excuse my ignorance.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts