Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

guys, what boost are you guys running?

thanks

·
Registered
598 Posts
I’ll ask on Monday and see what they say as I will be using 5 maps from economy to full trackday weapon, I’m guessing all should be different.

·
Registered
800 Posts
did you get on the dyno?
how much whp?
are you using aux fuel rail?
share details on your build :)
Currently stock bottom end with meth, aux fuel and NX2. Just done final revision for e85 on the NX2. Not dyno’d no. I have a Mountune forged and sleeved shortblock about to go in and will possibly port the heads at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I posted this on another thread so ill drop it in here too.

**I am on the same boat. On E30 im peaking 27psi on rare occasions. It holds 25.5 / 25.9 psi for most of the top end and tapers down to 25 or 24 psi at redline. Been running the NX2 for 5 months no issues. On pump 93 the turbo is laggy but on E30 it spools so much better that i'm just sticking to E30 since I have E85 down the block. Hopefully everything holds till I'm ready to build another block for more power.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Hello Cesco
Did you have it mapped after fitting the NX2 just if you don’t it really doesn’t make more than 30hp
Have to ask what torque and power you making since your being very brave on a stock bottom end.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
I have this turbo installed and tuned. FBO, stock engine, stock fuel. - It makes around 26psi, but peaks just over 28. It makes arounds 380 whp on 93. I don't know the torque. I can easily get the graphs if wanted, but they're nothing special.

I plan on a Turbosmart twinport WGA, with 4 port EBCS and E30 next.

·
Registered
445 Posts
We'd love to see the dyno graph.

Reactions: SVTbuckeye11

·
Registered
445 Posts
Very nice results on a stock block and considering that Mustang Dynos generally read lower than other dynos.
But it does bring up a couple of questions. Are you running a downpipe? Most vendors say you need to run a downpipe to maximize the effect of a larger turbo.
Also, I was under the impression that the NX2 turbo would hold boost to redline, but your dyno graph does not show that. It's showing that power is dropping off rather dramatically above 6100-6200 RPM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice results on a stock block and considering that Mustang Dynos generally read lower than other dynos.
But it does bring up a couple of questions. Are you running a downpipe? Most vendors say you need to run a downpipe to maximize the effect of a larger turbo.
Also, I was under the impression that the NX2 turbo would hold boost to redline, but your dyno graph does not show that. It's showing that power is dropping off rather dramatically above 6100-6200 RPM.
Thanks...I’m running a Catless DP. I told my tuner I wanted to stay in the 400 WHP range due to stock internals. That might be why??? Not sure... but I trust my tuner and happy with the results so far.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks...I’m running a Catless DP. I told my tuner I wanted to stay in the 400 WHP range due to stock internals. That might be why??? Not sure... but I trust my tuner and happy with the results so far.

can you maybe share what the wgdc % is at when you hit 6200 rpm?

·
Registered
445 Posts
And if you don't mind saying, who's your tuner?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just installed the pte turbo. Stock block with full bolt ons. Catless downpipe as well. I am being tuned by adam at tuneplus. Its on e30, just loaded base tune so still in tuning process. Does the turbo seem to be quieter to anyone else or is it just me? I am referring to the whistle, can hardly hear it compared to stock turbo.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I just installed the pte turbo. Stock block with full bolt ons. Catless downpipe as well. I am being tuned by adam at tuneplus. Its on e30, just loaded base tune so still in tuning process. Does the turbo seem to be quieter to anyone else or is it just me? I am referring to the whistle, can hardly hear it compared to stock turbo.
I have the same set up and tuner but have been running the completed tune for 6 months. I noticed the PTE whistle immediately as way more then stock - sounds a little truck like but I love it. Has a fair bit if lag but at wot in third and fourth (haven’t wound it right out in 5-6) it pulls so hard. Whistles, chirps and dose - it’s all awesome

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same set up and tuner but have been running the completed tune for 6 months. I noticed the PTE whistle immediately as way more then stock - sounds a little truck like but I love it. Has a fair bit if lag but at wot in third and fourth (haven’t wound it right out in 5-6) it pulls so hard. Whistles, chirps and dose - it’s all awesome

What is your exhaust? I have the thermal R&D with catless downpipe. I would hear it more on stock turbo. Could there be another factor quieting it down besides exhaust?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts