Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
the Camaro doesn't appeal to me, but I'm a big fan of the Stang. I currently have a '12 Boss 302, which is a really great car...but will be sold when the RS arrives.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
61 Posts
I REALLY wanted a new Camaro. However, with kids we just don't need to do a coupe again. The new Camaro is a beast. Lighter than the 5.0 and more power. It's going to be awesome. If I could live with 2 doors, I'd own one.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Had a camaro. Wouldn't have another. Even if they have improved it since 2010.
Improvement is an understatement, they have changed drastically in terms of driving dynamics. The 2016 I can not comment on because I have not driven one yet, but I can say it amazes me every time I drive a Camaro and how much they can differ through the years, they just got better and better.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Improvement is an understatement, they have changed drastically in terms of driving dynamics. The 2016 I can not comment on because I have not driven one yet, but I can say it amazes me every time I drive a Camaro and how much they can differ through the years, they just got better and better.
I also have not driven one...but the 6th Gen is NOT like the other Camaros, it's just not. Lighter, tauter, more powerful, more agile. It is going to embarrass some mustang owners and how.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Neighbor just bought a new SRT 392 Charger. He had a BMW 550i but it wasn't loud enough LOL

YMMV,

MidCow3
Haha well I like loud cars too so I'd agree with him on that thinking. I'm also considering a used Mercedes C63 AMG with the 6.2L V8.

I love the sound of the GT350 and Hellcat, but gosh darn Mercedes AMG knows how to make an engine sound sexy :p

Won't be getting another car for a decent amount of time though so during that time I'll just enjoy my pops and bangs thanks to Raj!

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I have never been one for the Generic models, I always want more. If it were between a Z/28 and GT350R I honestly would want both, they are too different in terms of how they deliver their character. These Pony cars aren't exactly getting cheaper and they are way too close to Vette territory, so that is where my money would go on a slightly used C7, or even a C6 Z06.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Haha well I like loud cars too so I'd agree with him on that thinking. I'm also considering a used Mercedes C63 AMG with the 6.2L V8.

I love the sound of the GT350 and Hellcat, but gosh darn Mercedes AMG knows how to make an engine sound sexy :p

Won't be getting another car for a decent amount of time though so during that time I'll just enjoy my pops and bangs thanks to Raj!
rambo3500,

I completely agree with you; I will be satisfied for a long time with the pops and burbles of the RS. But I also have the Invidia exhaust on my S2000 which is loud. My neighbor's 392 sounds really nice :cool:

YMMV,

MidCow3

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm considering a GT350 or Challenger Hellcat as my future summer car though.
Hells yes!!! To both vehicles!!!

Use to have a 93 5.0 Silver Notchback - auto with a 3200 Stall, 3.73 rear ended with an auburn, GT 40 Intake & Heads, H Pipe with Borla Exhaust! Fully tinted, lowered only an inch with stock 5 Star Ford Rims and BF Goodrich Comp TA's!!!

That car was so much CB fun during the 90's when I was in my 20's, doing illegal street racing down on V Street in DC, or out on Route 50 in Chantilly, VA. LONG before there was ever such a thing as The Fast and the Furious lol!!! Hell back in the early to mid 90's, that was my life in NOVA every weekend👍🏻😉

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have never been one for the Generic models, I always want more. If it were between a Z/28 and GT350R I honestly would want both, they are too different in terms of how they deliver their character. These Pony cars aren't exactly getting cheaper and they are way too close to Vette territory, so that is where my money would go on a slightly used C7, or even a C6 Z06.
Even from 2010 to 2014 the standard SS drove that much different? Don't get me wrong, if mag suspension was available when I got mine in 2011 I would have gotten it. But at that point in my life I wanted a muscle car that went fast in a straight line. The only handling mod I did was wider wheels/tires.

I bought a C7 vette when they came out and I would take that any day over the camaro, but I ended up flipping it for profit.

Nearly 5 years since buying my camaro I would just much rather have a smaller more nimble car. I'd love to drive the GT350(R), but I'd rather get a 911 GTS4 despite the cost difference.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I've driven the GT350R. it is amazing. It will be the big brother to the RS...my GT350R should arrive in a couple weeks.
for the 2-seater fans out there...if you've never driven a boxster, you owe yourself that pleasure...and they're incredible bargains for older used ones.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've driven the GT350R. it is amazing. It will be the big brother to the RS...my GT350R should arrive in a couple weeks.
for the 2-seater fans out there...if you've never driven a boxster, you owe yourself that pleasure...and they're incredible bargains for older used ones.
I had never driven a boxter or cayman until July when I went to the Porsche driving school. We were in a boxter gts for a good portion of the time and it was a ton of fun. I'm not a huge fan of convertibles though so I would lean towards the cayman.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Even from 2010 to 2014 the standard SS drove that much different? Don't get me wrong, if mag suspension was available when I got mine in 2011 I would have gotten it. But at that point in my life I wanted a muscle car that went fast in a straight line. The only handling mod I did was wider wheels/tires.

I bought a C7 vette when they came out and I would take that any day over the camaro, but I ended up flipping it for profit.

Nearly 5 years since buying my camaro I would just much rather have a smaller more nimble car. I'd love to drive the GT350(R), but I'd rather get a 911 GTS4 despite the cost difference.
Yes from 2010 on they basically improved every year. It gets to the point where I can tell before I write a Camaro for service from just driving it to a parking space if it is a later year or the earlier ones. The biggest change came after the 1LE.

Good choice because next year it shouldn't be a problem getting a C7 in the 40's we have already had slightly used ones sell just above 50, and one for 48K

I'm with you on the smaller nimbler vehicles, I think the C7 is great bang for the buck and an amazing vehicle but it still has it's faults. I would love a GT4 but their all sold, and GT3's still go for crazy money. Knowing that I would be more then happy splitting the cost between the RS and have a toy like an Ariel Atom. Sadly my taste is bigger then my wallet, there are very few cars that would completely satisfy my wants, a GT4 though I think could do it at least going of how much I loved the Cayman R I drove.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts