Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AWD, 3.0L super charged V6, 340 HP, seats 4.5 + luggage.

Just stumbled across the XE online and its interesting. On paper its pretty comparable to a S4, however it under cuts it by 5k and at 44k MSRP for a base AWD 3L model, its in the same price range as a loaded RS. Yes the S4/XE are luxury sports cars, but for those of us looking for an awesome, practical, performance oriented DD its an interesting one to day dream about.

Not seriously considering this at all, but has anyone else compared the 2?

546b49116fd6c_-_003xe-lg.jpg

Great video on the XE

Build yours

Build your XE - Nameplates

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I love the looks of this thing and the F-Type very much, Jaguar is really kicking ass right now. The Head2head video really made me want one. Looking at the stats though, all these cars in this segment just get me more excited for the RS because on paper, it just looks so much better. (Minus the luxury aspect)

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the looks of this thing and the F-Type very much, Jaguar is really kicking ass right now. The Head2head video really made me want one. Looking at the stats though, all these cars in this segment just get me more excited for the RS because on paper, it just looks so much better. (Minus the luxury aspect)
Im with you, I'm digging Jags stuff. The XE looks really sharp.

Agreed on the RS too, because compared to these cars it sounds like its going to be quite a notch higher in terms of performance. Which is good considering where the XE/S4 are already at.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The 2017 XE is supposed to be even better, coming with a stiffer chassis, available drive modes (like the RS) and a manual transmission.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 2017 XE is supposed to be even better, coming with a stiffer chassis, available drive modes (like the RS) and a manual transmission.
Now THAT would be a serious competitor. Depending on how long it takes for Ford to fulfill my retail order, I may actually think about the 2017 with a manual.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Nice ride, but it sure would be a different driving experience. Grand Touring vs. hyper-sharp hatch. And how much does the Jag weigh?

Jim

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice ride, but it sure would be a different driving experience. Grand Touring vs. hyper-sharp hatch. And how much does the Jag weigh?

Jim
It would be. That would be the cost of more luxury over the RS. But online I found 3780 lbs.

·
Registered
334 Posts

Jim
The Jag is supposed to have pretty sharp handling. So much that they think it'll crush the 3 series. I don't think the Jag will be a grand tourer as it has historically been, so much as it will drive like a sports car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Off the top of my head, being mildly familiar with BMW enthusiasts, and knowing nothing about the Jag community, I think the trade-off with the RS is exactly that. The community and the value-added of the aftermarket. With this tier of cars, mods should be tasteful and mild in fear of ruining the point of owning one of these. With the RS however, you're in Evo and STi territory with huge comminties and a performance aftermarket that really takes off as warranty's start to fade.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
Fled
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing