Ford Focus RS Forum banner

For NC owners: What color did you decide on?

• Absolute Black

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Frozen White

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • Nitrous/Carolina Blue

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Stealth Grey

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my FoRS ordered and I'm curious how many more anxiously waiting owners we'll have here in the state.

I'm here in Fayetteville, where you at?

Also here's another link for those interested in registering and starting up our own conversations of what's going on.

http://www.focusrs.org/forum/groups/nc-rs-owners.html

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have my VOC but waiting for my DORA.
@FordService is checking for me once the order goes through will let me know.

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ControlNode

Thanks for your help, I just called Ashley and manually purchased my FoRS raffle tickets. Also was told the drawing was moved to 1:00pm EST.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
@st2focus no problem. Have you heard if they will be streaming the conference live? I know we don't need to be present to win, but not sure how we would learn the winning numbers otherwise. You stick with 3 tickets?

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@st2focus no problem. Have you heard if they will be streaming the conference live? I know we don't need to be present to win, but not sure how we would learn the winning numbers otherwise. You stick with 3 tickets?
I didn't hear about the live streaming and I stayed with three tickets. (My lucky number)

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ControlNode @Sy_Guy

Poll added so we can figure out who's ordered what here in NC. I went SG.

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey guys, great to be invited to the group.. I'm with the SG as well.

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do I have the feeling it's either going to be SG or NB/CB for members here in NC? (CB for Carolina Blue)

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also if you've ordered and currently waiting for your FoRS to arrive, give me a PM and I'll send you an invite to the NC RS Owners Club.

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Might even call Nitrous Blue, Petty Blue!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone else in North Carolina order a FoRS in a color other than NB or SG?

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@PiSigma

You ordered an Absolute Black, just waiting on your DORA?

Check out the poll.

·
Super Moderator
15,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
@PiSigma

You ordered an Absolute Black, just waiting on your DORA?

Check out the poll.
Thanks for the invite st2focus. I haven't been paying any attention to the regional forums.

Yes, Absolute Black for me (well Shadow Black now). Looks like I'm the only one here for now.

Like many, my path to an RS has been a very frustrating one so far. I'm in the Statesville area. I ordered at my local dealer, Randy Marion, who I have bought my last three new Fords from, including my Focus ST3. Order went in on Oct. 13th after the dealer, like others, had problems with the order system on the 12th. I received my VOC on the 15th and nothing since. My dealer could not tell me if they received any allocations and after a week with no DORA I started to think they didn't have any. They are a fairly small dealer. I started calling other dealers in the area, probably about 10. Only one even really knew what the RS was and knew they were being allocated (said they only had one allocation which was already sold). The rest were completely clueless.

I stopped in at my dealer two weeks ago to tell them that since they didn't know what their allocation was that they probably weren't getting any. I kinda blew up at the sales manager as I was getting really frustrated with this whole process and he admitted that they didn't know if it would actually be built. The sales manager must have felt bad, he knows how much I want this car as I've been discussing it with them for well over a year every time I stop in for service. He actually contacted another local dealer who had one allocation left and put me in touch with their sales manager. It turns out they had placed a stock order on that one allocation but after talking with their zone rep. they were able to pull it back and reorder it to my specs. So I have a signed deal with them for MSRP. I don't have a VOC from them, just a screen shot from what is apparently the "newer" Ford ordering system showing the order as "Unscheduled - Clean". I have asked for a VOC and DORA with no reply other than the screen shot, which is neither.

The next twist this week was my salesman at my original dealer calling to say that they had in fact confirmed they did have an allocation and that my car, which they had left on order, would be built on that allocation. But he still couldn't provide a DORA and almost didn't seem to know what a DORA was. I've been trying to get ahold of their sales manager, as he was the one who put me in contact with the second dealer, to see if he has the DORA and if I should cancel the second order. I haven't been able to get ahold of him so hopefully I can get this straightened out on Monday.

If anyone in the NC area is still looking for an allocation I may be able to hook you up once I get my original order confirmed.

What a screwed up process these US orders are. Why couldn't Ford do this like they did in the UK/Europe???

vehicle.jpg

1 - 20 of 284 Posts