Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Michigan!

I've always loved hatchbacks and owned a '92 Suzuki Swift GT and a '99 Honda Civic hatchback years ago (both manuals).

Two years ago I bought my first Ford - a '14 Fiesta 1L Ecosboost. The little Ecoboost has been amazing and given me total confidence in Ford (62,000 miles in two years without a hiccup). Great sounding car and it's able to cruise along all day with ease. I've driven it all over the country and its perfect other than being just a little small and lacking driveability in the frequent winter storms here. My only challenge was finding a Ford dealer that could get me one (the first four dealers refused to believe it even existed since I went looking the moment it hit the system, so that was fun). I spent about 5 months waiting, but eventually Ford came through.

Until recently, I got my adrenaline fix riding motorcycles. A bad off-road crash that resulted in lots of damage in the form of titanium screws and plates a couple of months ago has me thinking I'm getting too old for that and that it's time to go back to cars.

Enter the Focus RS. Looks great and I'm especially excited about AWD and all that torque. Only took talking with two people at my first Ford dealership this morning to find someone who knew this car existed. As luck would have it my little local dealer also has an allocation and it looks like I've got it. Confirmation next week.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome! Whereabouts are you located? There are quite a few of us in the forums here in the Detroit metro area. Summer should be an exciting time with RS meets!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! Whereabouts are you located? There are quite a few of us in the forums here in the Detroit metro area. Summer should be an exciting time with RS meets!
I'm over in Kalamazoo. Always up for a summer meet-up though.

I'm thinking they'll be an RS at the NA Auto Show?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'm over in Kalamazoo. Always up for a summer meet-up though.

I'm thinking they'll be an RS at the NA Auto Show?
I can almost guarantee there will be one there, but nobody knows what color it'll be. I'm hoping it's stealth grey, because I might change my order on the 16th if I end up liking it in person.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
MI RS
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing