Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
God damnit. Looks like a part that I have to import from Europe right off the bat. New diffuser, wiring, light. WTF is Ford thinking? Stop bastardizing stuff you release in the US!

·
Registered
97 Posts
God damnit. Looks like a part that I have to import from Europe right off the bat. New diffuser, wiring, light. WTF is Ford thinking? Stop bastardizing stuff you release in the US!

Yup i saw this coming from a mile away.

While i hate it too, its not Fords fault.

Blame USA laws and regulations..... seriously

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Rear fog lights are 100% legal in the US. The only one at fault here is Ford. I just see it as a cost-cutting measure by taking something out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Rear fog lights are 100% legal in the US. The only one at fault here is Ford. I just see it as a cost-cutting measure by taking something out.
No sir,

High intensity rear fog lights are not allowed to be on a stock car, Here in the US.

Just ask Subaru, BRZ in Europe has a functional rear fog light, here in the US not allowed, 2015 WRX/STI same story.

How i know? i happened to own both cars and did some research.

Again its not Fords fault, its the same as with the Recaros. We wont get the nice tall Recaros they are getting because of the stupid regulation we have.

We get the ST recaros.

Look at the video and check the seats out, yeah wtf i hate US regulations

european_wrx_sti by sniper260687, on Flickr

Latest-2015-Subaru-WRX-STI-New-European-4 by sniper260687, on Flickr

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No sir,

High intensity rear fog lights are not allowed to be on a stock car, Here in the US.

Just asked Subaru, BRZ in Europe has a functional rear fog light, here in the US not allowed, 2015 WRX/STI same story.

How i know? i happened to own both cars and did some research.

Again its not Fords fault, its the same as with the Recaros. We wont get the nice tall Recaros they are getting because of the stupid regulation we have.

We get the ST recaros.

Look at the video and check the seats out, yeah wtf i hate US regulations

european_wrx_sti by sniper260687, on Flickr

Latest-2015-Subaru-WRX-STI-New-European-4 by sniper260687, on Flickr
"In Europe and other countries adhering to UN Regulation 48, vehicles must be equipped with one or two bright red "rear*fog*lamps", which serve as high-intensity rear position lamps to be turned on by the driver in conditions of poor visibility to make the vehicle more visible from the rear. The allowable range of intensity for a rear fog lamp is 150 to 300 candela,[18]which is within the range of a U.S. stop lamp (brake light).[7]*Rear fog lamps are not required equipment in the U.S., however, they are permitted, and are found almost exclusively on European-brand vehicles in North America—Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, MINI, Land Rover, Porsche, Saab and Volvo provide functional rear fog lights on their North American models. Some vehicles from non-European brands which are adaptions of European-market offerings, such as the first generation*Ford Transit Connect, come standard with rear fog lights, or vehicles with European market counterparts, such as the second generation*Chrysler 300, have an option for them. The final generationOldsmobile Aurora*also had dual rear fog lights installed in the rear bumper as standard equipment."

That's from the Wikipedia article on vehicle lighting. I have also been in several USDM spec vehicles with rear fog lights. This is cost-cutting at it's finest.

·
Registered
97 Posts
"In Europe and other countries adhering to UN Regulation 48, vehicles must be equipped with one or two bright red "rear*fog*lamps", which serve as high-intensity rear position lamps to be turned on by the driver in conditions of poor visibility to make the vehicle more visible from the rear. The allowable range of intensity for a rear fog lamp is 150 to 300 candela,[18]which is within the range of a U.S. stop lamp (brake light).[7]*Rear fog lamps are not required equipment in the U.S., however, they are permitted, and are found almost exclusively on European-brand vehicles in North America—Audi, Jaguar, Mercedes, MINI, Land Rover, Porsche, Saab and Volvo provide functional rear fog lights on their North American models. Some vehicles from non-European brands which are adaptions of European-market offerings, such as the first generation*Ford Transit Connect, come standard with rear fog lights, or vehicles with European market counterparts, such as the second generation*Chrysler 300, have an option for them. The final generationOldsmobile Aurora*also had dual rear fog lights installed in the rear bumper as standard equipment."

That's from the Wikipedia article on vehicle lighting. I have also been in several USDM spec vehicles with rear fog lights. This is cost-cutting at it's finest.
Wikipedia.............

Show me a STOCK car from FACTORY with a high intensity rear fog from a US dealer.

Not aftermarket mod.

Its not cost-cutting....

Plus you're forgetting that the RS will be consider an "import" here in the states, did you really think Ford will give us the same European spec here?

Dont get me wrong, im pissed too.

But ill lived, i can buy the aftermarket part for it, i been doing it for years on my Subaru

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wikipedia.............

Show me a STOCK car from FACTORY with a high intensity rear fog from a US dealer.

Not aftermarket mod.

Its not cost-cutting....

Plus you're forgetting that the RS will be consider an "import" here in the states, did you really think Ford will give us the same European spec here?

But ill lived, i can buy the aftermarket part for it, i been doing it for years on my Subaru
There are several vehicles listed right in that article quote. They aren't modded. It's only because of cost cutting. They are required in Europe and permitted in the US. If they're not required here their reasoning is "why leave something that costs extra money that not many people will use?"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wikipedia.............

Not aftermarket mod.

Its not cost-cutting....

High Intensity rear fog lights have always been available on MINI's here in the US. Just check the MINI USA configurator if you still don't believe this image is 100% stock. Rear Fogs are also available on other European cars, as the person above specified.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts

It doesn't really matter, it's just a light. Put one on if you want it. It looks cleaner without it anyway.

We all knew this. Since Ford announced it wouldn't be on the North American car in one of the very first press releases.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I suppose people will always have something to complain about. Ford finally comes out with an AWD Focus and people complain about it not having a foglight, certain seats, or hood vents.

...shaking my head
Lol yep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts

Me personally, I cant say I want the rear fog light or would ever use it. Looks better without it. Curious, why do you want it?

Im pissed about the US getting the ugly Sony radio and not the Euro version. It's going to be staring me in the face everyday. I knew it was this way for the 2015 ST but I was hoping the US would get the Euro version for 2016. Guess not.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I was really hoping they'd drop that rear fog light, looked ugly to me. Can't say much for this shade of blue though. Black and white are out for me with living off a gravel road, too much car washing. Gray is so-so and now this blue. I guess color won't be my main reason for buying the car since none strike me as "must have". Wonder what it would cost to have a brand new car re-painted to Magnetic................

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
About this Discussion
59 Replies
30 Participants
mapco
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing