Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's this I hear about the Recaros in the show car not coming to the US? Anyone else hear this? It's not a deal breaker for me but that would kinda suck. I heard it from a reputable friend but don't have any references other than that.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
I'm really getting sick of the **** that happens when European cars get dumbed down because of NHTSA.

Fog lights
Side reflectors
weird bumpers
emissions
seats
laser headlights

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't mind it either. I at first didn't like my Recaros because they were stiff but now I have almost 36,000 on them, they feel amazing. They will most likely incorporate the same seats that the ST has. Hopefully they don't make the ST1/2 seats an option cause those things are cheap (personal opinion, don't get all dramatic if you disagree)

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
There is a big difference between the ST1 and ST2 seats. The ST2 has the same recaros as the ST3, the inserts are just cloth.

·
Super Moderator
15,516 Posts
ST2 or ST3 seats with the four point belt eyelets would come close to the seat that were shown at the unveiling.

I personally didn't like the backs of the seat shown in the photos from another thread. http://www.focusrs.org/forum/9-focus-rs-discussions/27-2016-focus-rs-interior-photos.html

ford-focus-rs-interior4.jpg

The backs look like plastic gravestones and that smudge on the rear of the passenger seat always bugged me. (Who ever prepped the interior for that photo shoot failed)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Would be nice is they put the recaros in from the Mustangs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, the Focus RS needs to have one piece Recaros, and not the Recaros that have a separate head restraint as they do in my Focus ST. As far as I am concerned, the Focus ST Recaros will simply not do for the Focus RS.
Would be nice is they put the recaros in from the Mustangs.

·
Super Moderator
604 Posts
I wouldn't be disappointed with the ST recaros, the are comfortable and hold you in the seat great. I agree with @st2focus the ones in the release photos look like plastic gravestones from the back seats.

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't like my ST2 recaros. I wish I woulda saved a little money and bought the ST1. The seats started squeaking almost right away. They're a little too snug for me, and I'm not a big guy.

Even though they are the same, if an ST3 was available when I bought my ST2, my opinion might be different. Leather / heated might make them more likeable for daily driving.

The new mustang seats are pretty comfy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mustang (or GT350) Recaros would be nice. If they do keep the ST3/2's Recaros I wish they would add some alcantara to spiff it up a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't care what the back of the Focus RS Recaros looks like; what I don't want are the ST Recaros with the separate head restraint, and as the Focus RS is going to be priced above the Focus ST, I can't see how placing the Focus ST Recaros in the Focus RS can possibly be an acceptable solution to this problem. I've got Focus ST seats already, and I don't intend to spend thousands of dollars more to buy a Focus RS and have the same Recaros as I currently do in the Focus ST. I hope that Americans interested in the Focus RS will make it clear to Ford that substituting the Focus ST seats in the RS will not be acceptable.
I wouldn't be disappointed with the ST recaros, the are comfortable and hold you in the seat great. I agree with @st2focus the ones in the release photos look like plastic gravestones from the back seats.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sheesh, everybody that says the ST Recaros are unacceptable sound sound like whiners. These are super nice seats that are widely praised except for those that are too big for them. I think the ST ones look nicer than Mustang as well. I do hope they provide a Alcantara option though, I don't like leather and purposefully downgraded to ST1 because of it. Wish I could get the cloth UK ST1 Recaros.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sheesh, everybody that says the ST Recaros are unacceptable sound sound like whiners. These are super nice seats that are widely praised except for those that are too big for them. I think the ST ones look nicer than Mustang as well. I do hope they provide a Alcantara option though, I don't like leather and purposefully downgraded to ST1 because of it. Wish I could get the cloth UK ST1 Recaros.
The Focus ST Recaros are nice for the Focus ST; I specifically got the ST with leather Recaros as I wanted them, but they are not nice for the Focus RS unless the Focus RS is priced identical to the Focus ST. If the European Recaros don't meet U.S. requirements, then Ford should have an integrated head restraint Recaro for the American version of the Focus RS - even if it means paying extra for them - I'd do it. And no, I am not too big for the Focus ST Recaros - I just want an integrated head restrain as the European Focus RS owners will have. As far as I am concerned, this is a bigger problem than if the American Focus RS were to get Goodyear tires; tires I can affordably and legally switch out with no insurance related problems. The Recaros not so easily done.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Focus ST Recaros are nice for the Focus ST; I specifically got the ST with leather Recaros as I wanted them, but they are not nice for the Focus RS unless the Focus RS is priced identical to the Focus ST. If the European Recaros don't meet U.S. requirements, then Ford should have an integrated head restraint Recaro for the American version of the Focus RS - even if it means paying extra for them - I'd do it. And no, I am not too big for the Focus ST Recaros - I just want an integrated head restrain as the European Focus RS owners will have. As far as I am concerned, this is a bigger problem than if the American Focus RS were to get Goodyear tires; tires I can affordably and legally switch out with no insurance related problems. The Recaros not so easily done.
dude, honestly, people aren't paying more for the RS for the seats. It's for a different engine and oh yeah, almost forgot, AWD!

·
Registered
16 Posts
dude, honestly, people aren't paying more for the RS for the seats. It's for a different engine and oh yeah, almost forgot, AWD!
In 2008 I bought a new 2008 WRX STI and it (and all of the 2008 models) had seats that were compromised for a $35,000 car. I don't need Ford to copy Subaru on this. As for not buying the car for the seats, I understand what you are saying, but believe me, the value of a compromised RS will be less than an RS which has the same or equivalent seats as any other other RS if you go to sell or trade it. And yes, the cheap seats was a factor in our getting rid of the STI (14,890 miles). We tried to get Recaros for it, but we could only get Recaros minus the side airbag. Guess what. My insurance wanted no part of that upgrade. If the Focus RS comes with the Focus ST seats or other seats with the separated head restraint, I'll keep my 2013 Focus ST and get a Shelby GT350 - which will have an integrated head restraint. My lesson from the STI (people were discussing this problem before I got my STI, so I was aware of it.) is that yes, the seats do matter - live and learn. Once the newness is gone, the quality of the seats is a day to day concern, and having experienced this once already, I'll not be foolish again in thinking that I'm not going to care about the quality of the seats. Furthermore, seat quality was a huge topic on many Corvette website for years. Those who did not own and drive a Vette couldn't understand the problem, but those who did own and drive a Vette knew that the seats were not up to par. Finally, GM provided the quality that the Vette should have had for years and years. I don't want Ford to make that same mistake on the Focus RS, and you should not either.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts