1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
I'll need it for race wars.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
If the stock turbo doesn't move enough air to make the power I want then I'll put a bigger turbo on it. Do things the right way not the easy way.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Danger to manifold!

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really I'm worried about my floor pan more than my manifold. I'm on the fence about it seems how these cars are DI. In order to do it right with port injection, there would need to be some significant modification going on.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Really I'm worried about my floor pan more than my manifold. I'm on the fence about it seems how these cars are DI. In order to do it right with port injection, there would need to be some significant modification going on.
Thankfully the guys on focusst.org have paved the way for you. Water/meth systems are already available. We just need an cobb to open up the ecu

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Uhmm. No.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To those opposed to nitrous, why all the hate? If done correctly it can be cheap, easy power.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Half the things people do to their cars are illegal so that argument is invalid. And straight likes are what happen between the curves, if I can squeeze coming out of a corner on a track it could mean quit a bit of time off. I know it would be limited but still fun. I think street racing and the F&F movies have kind of given Nitrous a bad name.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
To those opposed to nitrous, why all the hate? If done correctly it can be cheap, easy power.
I'd run it on a drag car with a V8. I don't trust a small motor with it. And yes, I've driven sprayed small displacement cars before and the maint and repairs on all of them were far more than I want.

If I were running a massive turbo with terrible spool I'd spray on the mid range. But that would also only be a purpose built drag car.

With a turbo car, there are safer ways to get 50hp and if you think this will hold a 200 shot I believe you will be having a good time pulling an RS motor :)

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
It could be good with the research and a better controller for it, but as stated it a cheap way to add power and if you invest research it gets more costly, I would guess for the cost you could have a better turbo and not have to keep filling a bottle. I know of auto-x events were the host clearly states no NOS on site.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Half the things people do to their cars are illegal so that argument is invalid. And straight likes are what happen between the curves, if I can squeeze coming out of a corner on a track it could mean quit a bit of time off. I know it would be limited but still fun. I think street racing and the F&F movies have kind of given Nitrous a bad name.
Many track groups outlaw nitrous on track. It's dangerous to have in the case of a collision. Racing orgs absolutely outlaw it and not just because it's a "cheat". I would NEVER consider tracking a car with nitrous. He was correct, it's for drag racing and/or street racing.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Nitrous would be towards the end of the build for me. I would swap the turbo and install a meth kit first before I moved onto Nitrous, and maybe a complete engine build.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wrong!! A good nitrous system isn't really cheap and filling bottles gets old quick, plus cost $$. To do a nitrous system the right way, so the motor lasts, you'll need enough fuel mods, engine management, and a custom TUNE! Once done correctly bang/buck/hp usually works out pretty good but it really comes down to what else is available aftermarket price wise. I've help build a pretty cool auto dsm that used N2o with alot of different turbo setups. ran mid-low tens with a bolt on 30r and 100 shot and overall was a cheap setup

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
If Nos is your thing, I'd say go for it. It's like balance shafts for me. Its a quick cheat way to add quite a few hp's. There are misconceptions as to what they actually do and therefore some would never consider doing it. Its your car, do what you want

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nitrous would be towards the end of the build for me. I would swap the turbo and install a meth kit first before I moved onto Nitrous, and maybe a complete engine build.
This is kinda where I was going with this thread. I know it has very few legit uses, but damn, sometimes you just need an extra 50-75 hp. Maybe I'll be pulling a stump out or something, idk. I'll prolly install it, use it once and check it off my to do list. I'm really just curious about it and how to go about the install with a DI fuel system.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
This is kinda where I was going with this thread. I know it has very few legit uses, but damn, sometimes you just need an extra 50-75 hp. Maybe I'll be pulling a stump out or something, idk. I'll prolly install it, use it once and check it off my to do list. I'm really just curious about it and how to go about the install with a DI fuel system.
I'm pretty sure if you are just looking for a 50 or 75 shot you won't need to do anything with the fuel. When you start working with fuel and nitrous that gets into a wet system, usually 150hp and more in which you inject fuel and nitrous together.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts