Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am retired but still active as a photographer and was frustrated with the search for accurate representations of Nitrous Blue in media shots (some even look like Smurf Blue). So I set up an album with the best Photoshop corrections I could apply:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john_c_bovard_photo/albums/72157663141234372

If you want to download images from Flickr I expect you will need to set up a Yahoo account (free).

Cheers, Jacob

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am retired but still active as a photographer and was frustrated with the search for accurate representations of Nitrous Blue in media shots (some even look like Smurf Blue). So I set up an album with the best Photoshop corrections I could apply:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john_c...h/22921298496/

If you want to download images from Flickr I expect you will need to set up a Yahoo account (free).

Cheers, Jacob
I think the link might be incorrect, I get a "Page not found"

·
Registered
720 Posts

https://www.flickr.com/photos/john_c_bovard_photo/albums/72157663141234372

Cheers, Jacob
WTF. Have you have seen the car in person? I'm curious because your altered pics seem to try and transform the nitrous blue into Ford's performance blue or do you feel that is an accurate representation of the color in person. I have not seen it myself but got the impression it is much lighter in colour.

·
Registered
167 Posts
WTF. Have you have seen the car in person? I'm curious because your altered pics seem to try and transform the nitrous blue into Ford's performance blue or do you feel that is an accurate representation of the color in person. I have not seen it myself but got the impression it is much lighter in colour.
Yeah I agree, this is not close to the color in person. I think the OP may have applied a few too many filters....

It is much lighter in person, especially under the blown out intense lights found in an autoshow.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I agree, this is not close to the color in person. I think the OP may have applied a few too many filters....

It is much lighter in person, especially under the blown out intense lights found in an autoshow.
I confess my interpretation is based purely on a guess, influenced by a variety of videos, shot in outdoor light. It is entirely possible my guess is way off but until we have proper high res images done under natural light, we won't know for sure. What is clear is that Nitrous Blue contains a lot of metallic in it which causes it to seemingly change hue under different lighting conditions.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
164 Posts
Now that I have seen this color in person yesterday and today at the Silicon Valley Auto Show - San Jose CA; I must say the color correction photos are a bit off.

P.S. I just noticed I am in the second to last photo you posted (from the auto show yesterday).

Regards,
Ty

·
Registered
164 Posts
So the color is better or worse in person?

Better, for sure. It has a nice sense of depth and a very pleasing shade of blue. It's not as bright as I imagined.

Ty

·
Registered
334 Posts
I confess my interpretation is based purely on a guess, influenced by a variety of videos, shot in outdoor light. It is entirely possible my guess is way off but until we have proper high res images done under natural light, we won't know for sure. What is clear is that Nitrous Blue contains a lot of metallic in it which causes it to seemingly change hue under different lighting conditions.
As an amateur photographer and from what I know about how light reflects, it's going to be almost impossible to tell the true color until we can see it in sunlight in person. Expecially because of the metallic nature of the paint. But I think you did a good job trying to get as close as you can without having actually seen the color.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to those members who posted photos from the Silicon Valley show. They provide a better representation of this elusive color under artificial light than I have seen elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I honestly don't think we will get an idea of what NB honestly looks like until we start taking deliveries. This seems to be a color where light greatly effects it's appearance. We will need to see it, sunrise, sunset, dusk, dawn, noon, night, under street lights, under flood lights, I'm sure they will all be different as performance blue is with the ST. Some days my car is a dark blue, heavy overcast raining days, and other a blurple, or in the off sun you see shades of pink, it is all over the place lol.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Could anyone please share the link of the media event day they had a few months back, I can't seem to find the page or post.... i've been digging through the forum forever.. arrghhh

·
Registered
653 Posts
Now that I have seen this color in person yesterday and today at the Silicon Valley Auto Show - San Jose CA; I must say the color correction photos are a bit off.

P.S. I just noticed I am in the second to last photo you posted (from the auto show yesterday).

Regards,
Ty
I see you! I also saw myself in your video lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 19 of 19 Posts