Votes: 44 53.7%
  • It's gonna get dated pretty quickly

Votes: 38 46.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok, I realize how subjective as the color thing is, but over the course of the weekend I had done some further research ( as if that never stops ) found new NB and Stealth Grey pictures that have only added to my indecision.
So as I was driving to work, on a particularly grey and dreary morning, I passed Grabber Blue Mustang cruising along with countless number of neutral autos and thought as the color is a stand out for sure, I immediatly wondered how this particular shade of metallic Nitrous blue will be perceived as the years pass.

Later in the day on the TV in the office I see Urkel in a Scion that seems pretty damn near the same color... friggin Urkel!!, ugggh...

CQQOZ-WWsAAkXJ7.png

What's your take?

-It'll be timeless

-It's get dated pretty quickly

·
Registered
720 Posts
I think both the blue and grey will get old quickly. I went with Frozen white. Personally I think the white and black look great but I have never owned black and after looking at a few in parking lots I decided against it. If we were offered the performance blue (the unavailable blue) I would have easily chose that color. Also I think the magnetic grey looked nice however over here that's not an option either.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Do you think the Grabber Blue has gotten boring? How bout the Screaming Yellow, or Comp Orange....don't think the numbers are high enough to be boring, the neutral colors are boring.

If you don't want people to know of the RS...by all means go with something that blends in. The idea of a standout color goes right along with a stand out in the crowd vehicle.

You waited so long for this car....let them know it's here!

Tell the world....the RS has arrived....drumroll please:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,366 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Every special edition car needs its own signature color. I have two black cars right now and they look stunning... for the first 30 minutes after you washed them. I wasn't sure about NB but two days ago I saw a 2016 M3 in YAS Marina Blue and it looked amazing. If my NB RS ends up looking half that good I will be very happy. Time will tell...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Lets roll the tape! ....thats sounds funny as hell in my head.... Anyway, I am in the middle of negotiating a deal on a 69 RS/SS (resto-project). So I started looking at all the colors that car came in then. For the most part there is not a bad color in the line up. They all have there merits. I think we have the same thing here.

·
Registered
555 Posts
To each his own I prefer sleeper look. First mod remove Focus and RS badge from the hatch.
So let me get this straight...if you remove the Prius's badge it becomes invisible?:rolleyes:

Hell don't stop with the steeken badges, remove the front bumper, twin tail pipes, the rear spoiler, wheels, then maybe....just maybe it will be a sleeper, maybe just a plain old Focus...that cost $40k:D

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh yea the last RS models badges go for a whopping £15 New.. big money there.

Make a belt buckle out of one..

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't like colorful, and I don't like flashy. All I've ever wanted to own was black.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
About this Discussion
89 Replies
38 Participants
Nerf Herder
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing