Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just picked up my 17' RS a couple weeks ago. Definitely love the car, but I'm a complete noob when it comes to boosted application modding.
So far I've gotten the hookup on the following:
Cobb Accessport, Cobb RMM, Cobb Filter, ETS Intake Hoses, Wagner Intercooler, ETS Exhaust (with mufflers, stock downpipe), Mishimoto Oil Catch Can... and a few other bells and whistles.

I was curious to know what the peanut gallery has to say in terms of must-have mods!?
Also if there are things NOT to do with the car let me know. I plan to remain stock turbo on 93 (for now, maybe e85 in a year or 2).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Accessport with a tune, cat back exhaust, larger intercooler, higher flow air filter. Forget about the intake plumbing unless you running a bigger turbo or just like the looks of them. I have 3 of those 4, not doing intercooler till my Warranty expires.

Non engine mod's, get the mountune or other lowering springs. In my opinion change to 18" rims to get a bit more tire protecting your rims/tires from potholes and making the ride a bit less rigid.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Steeda clutch spring
Short shifter + solid bushings
RMM
Open ended filter (For more turbo sound)
Mountune springs

I'd start with those as they dramatically improve the driving experience.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In my opinion change to 18" rims to get a bit more tire protecting your rims/tires from potholes and making the ride a bit less rigid.
I've got my eye on some 18" wheels... Just not too excited to drop $1400 on a new set after I just spent a couple grand on other BS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Steeda clutch spring
Short shifter + solid bushings
RMM
Open ended filter (For more turbo sound)
Mountune springs

I'd start with those as they dramatically improve the driving experience.
I’ve got everything but the bushings and short throw in the mail. They’re pretty cheap though, I should just throw them in my next shopping cart lol.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Since we’re spending your loot.....you may want to check into an oil catch can.
A new baffle plate is also money well spent. I have 2 cans, the one on the crankcase catches “o”, stick with the one on the PVC side. Your intake valves will thank you!
A581701B-5EA7-41E5-BE2C-8C153F5B7A74.jpeg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts