Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my 2016 Ford Focus RS2 shadow black with sunroof 19 inch premium wheels and Cup 2 track tires on Tuesday. I traded in my 2015 Magnetic ST3 and paid below MSRP when the deal was completed. The dealer had the vehicle in the showroom and I was lucky enough to be the one to secure it. I was even more excited to find out today that my Ford 18 inch focus wheels with winter tires that I used on my ST fit the RS. I cant draw much of a comparison between the ST and RS yet as I'm still breaking in the RS. So far the RS definitely feels more planted. I was excited to find this car as this is the third one I came across finally in a color I liked with the equipment I wanted and a deal that made since. I've posted some terrible iPhone pictures the last showing the the stock 18 inch ford wheels do clear the calipers for those of you in the snowy parts of the world like myself. And for those of you with a keen eye i didn't mount my wheel backward it was just a test fit. Thanks for letting me join the community. Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gorgeous!!,,,,congratulations,,,looking forward to your after break in impressions,,,,:)

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
What ford rims are those? With the snow tires I mean.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Careful trying to do any lift-off oversteer with the RS like you (if you're like me) did in the ST. The RS doesn't really like to rotate that way. It does so under power which takes a little getting used to coming from the FoST.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Careful trying to do any lift-off oversteer with the RS like you (if you're like me) did in the ST. The RS doesn't really like to rotate that way. It does so under power which takes a little getting used to coming from the FoST.
That was one of my favorite things about my ST. So far the ST was more fun in traffic but the RS is so steady. I guess I can drop the Finnish flick with having AWD now but so far I'm enjoying the RS. The ST is definitely an underrated car though

·
5,622 Posts
Beautiful stuff.
Congratutz :)

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
They are off of a 2012 Focus titanium. They are from the sport option. I bought them used for my ST and painted them.
Great, I have a set of Titanium 5 spokes but I just forgot about checking them out to see if they cleared the Brembos and the offset was good.

Now it looks like I just need to get me some more tires.

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Well, I won't be installing my Titanium 5 spokes on the FoRS.

Once put into place the caliper is flush to the back of the wheel.

Definitely don't want to run spacers and then have shortened lugs.

Oh, well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just changed over today and there is little to no lateral clearance with those rims on teh front caliper. I'm either going to look into a spacer or get a new set and sell these. Sorry I spoke too soon. Just didn't want to see you spend a bunch of money and have a clearance issue. I didn't torque them properly on the test fit. Sorry about the misinformation

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I order wheel spacers for my vehicle 25 mm offset with built in studs. They solved the lateral clearance perfectly. Much less expensive than a new set of wheels and tires ($82.50). They bolt on to existing hubs and they are torqued down. They have the same offset and bolt pattern as OEM and fit the same lugs without shortening the number of threads . Worked great for my 5 spoke 18 inch wheels. I found them through a search on Focus RS wheel spacers. Mine are form CJ Pony Parts but I'm sure they are available at other outlets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I order wheel spacers for my vehicle 25 mm offset with built in studs. They solved the lateral clearance perfectly. Much less expensive than a new set of wheels and tires ($82.50). They bolt on to existing hubs and they are torqued down. They have the same offset and bolt pattern as OEM and fit the same lugs without shortening the number of threads . Worked great for my 5 spoke 18 inch wheels. I found them through a search on Focus RS wheel spacers. Mine are form CJ Pony Parts but I'm sure they are available at other outlets.
Hey I tried the 20mm of CJ pony parts, but my wheel studs are a bit too long so my wheel doesn't sit flush with the spacer. How were the 25mm for you? Any issues or rubbing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts