Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Who makes them for you? Your own custom design? I love all of them.
I found the designs online, 2 of them are rotiform aerodisc designs and the other from a different wheel maker. I emailed the design I'm interested in and my wheel measurements and they make up a rendering that I'm happy with. I use a company here in the UK called Dmb graphics. Excellent for any of your Rs sticker needs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
On this side of "Da-Pond"...
I could gaze [or gawk] at those MK-II RS rides when I crossed south into MX...

At one point, I was trying to work a way to get my hands on a MX-market MK-II RS too...

View attachment 362367

View attachment 362368
Not as easy as buying one and taking it home from there.?
I dont really understand why they got them and you didn't.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The Mexican car market is a different "beast" versus USA & Canada-

"They" get all the "euro" car market vehicles besides North-American market vehicles [Ford/Chevrolet/Toyota/Honda/Dodge]... Greater selection versus here in the USA.
SEAT
BMW [Both Euro models & North-American ones]
Mercedes [Same]
Audi [Same]
VW [Euro vans & pickups]
Peugeot
Nissan [ie- midsize version NP200/Navara]
FIAT [Euro models like Duster & re-badged Dodge]

Their car safety standards are not as stringent as USA & Canada... Sadly USA has a "25-year" rule & Canada has a "15-year" rule before it can be imported permanently.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The Mexican car market is a different "beast" versus USA & Canada-

"They" get all the "euro" car market vehicles besides North-American market vehicles [Ford/Chevrolet/Toyota/Honda/Dodge]... Greater selection versus here in the USA.
SEAT
BMW [Both Euro models & North-American ones]
Mercedes [Same]
Audi [Same]
VW [Euro vans & pickups]
Peugeot
Nissan [ie- midsize version NP200/Navara]
FIAT [Euro models like Duster & re-badged Dodge]

Their car safety standards are not as stringent as USA & Canada... Sadly USA has a "25-year" rule & Canada has a "15-year" rule before it can be imported permanently.
So not even as easy as just import duty and re registration, shame. Can't you buy one and just park it in Mexico 😁.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nope,

I have relatives in southern Mexico and was going to attempt to place my Uncle & my name on the registration...
Then some how temporarily "import" back across to the USA... since my name would have been on the registration & title [US Citizen].
And where I live in the USA [home], if I can get car-insurance with the "euro" vin number... then I can literally get a license plate here.

So in a way, it would have been dual-plated... MX & USA license plates

·
Registered
639 Posts
So not even as easy as just import duty and re registration, shame. Can't you buy one and just park it in Mexico 😁.
What it sounds like in my ride jammin' to tunes... in the midnight hour... cannonballing it with the family passed-out... "Making a run for da border"...

·
Registered
639 Posts
And IF you're curious...
Here's the webcam of "Bridge #1" that I use to cross from USA into Mexico... A view looking into the mexican side of the bridge.
Here's the webcam of "Bridge #2" that I regularly use to drive back into the USA from Mexico... again a view looking across into Mexico.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
What it sounds like in my ride jammin' to tunes... in the midnight hour... cannonballing it with the family passed-out... "Making a run for da border"...
Good bit of music, i actually sat and watched cannonball run 2 the other day, daydreaming about a lamborghini countach.
I'll have to be the non official mk2 focus rs content provider till you can get your hands on one.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts