Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Great looking Mk2!

These forums came about with the Mk3, not much Mk2 talk.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I owned a moonstone blue sapphire cosworth before the focus which i sold to fund it.
Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Car Automotive parking light

I just fell out love with it and lost interest in driving it which some may find hard to believe. So it was time for a change. The Rs was for sale with a guy i know that deals with ford's of all kinds, i had a drive in it and was hooked. Its appearance has changed a little since then.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

I had the standard wheels finished in satin lamborghini bronze before he delivered it to me.
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Sky

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Plant

I now got the love back and wanted to go and drive my car as much as i possibly could, and was grinning like an idiot all the while i was doing it. I definitely did the right thing for me by moving on the cosworth.
It wasn't long however till i wanted different wheels and liked the look of the compomotive th's i had on the sapphire, so bought a set of 19 inch bola b12's and had them finished in prismatic powders highland bronze.
Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Chair

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design Wood

Had decals made up for them
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

While these were being done I'd decided on the wrc bonnet vents and had the car in for them to be fitted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Wheels fitted
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Next up i bought a kms thunderstorm exhaust with 5 inch tips, its LOUD and i love it
Changed the decals for what its wearing now and that's the way it currently looks
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate

It's running around 380bhp and I've just fitted a Group A cosworth style air filter which sounds epic sucking in the air
Hood Green Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Also have a strut brace to fit that's finished in the highland bronze. I try and get out in it as much as i can and get to shows and meets, but sometimes the British weather makes that hard to do. Its a epic car to drive and own and i can honestly say i don't regret selling the cosworth to get it. Always have to have a little look back at it when i park up and walk away (if you don't do this then you've bought the wrong car.!!)
Vehicle Car Tire Wheel Grille

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts
Yeah, this forum is mostly mk3 as it was started as a US site when the mk3 was announced for US market. Clearly with the bulk of our users in the US the marketplace will be of limited use for you. But it's always good to see the older models Ford denied us access to here.

Reactions: Ircossie76

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The mk2 is a little bit of a rarity in the US then.? They're are a lot of mk3's over here, my friend owns a red edition mk3 of which only 300 where made. Its a lovely looking car.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
245 Posts
The mk2 is a little bit of a rarity in the US then.?
Yeah you could say that. Love the mk2s. Mk3 was the first RS the USA got, so I've never seen a mk2 in person.
Beautiful car you have, but as already stated there isn't a whole lot of discussion here on the previous gen since ford never gave us a chance to own one.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
The mk2 is a little bit of a rarity in the US then.?
You could say that. It was never sold in the US. It's one of the reasons why the Mk3 RS was such a huge deal for the enthusiasts here, as it was the first (and sadly as it turned out the last) time Ford decided to bring a coveted model from Europe to the US.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's a shame that the US only got involved with the mk3 and not the previous 2 shapes of Rs, i can see why the mk3 became such a big thing. I've personally not owned one, but i have owned a mk1 so a mk3 is probably going to happen at some point. I had a 2002 mk1 that i had vinyl wrapped just to be a little different.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2018 RS, 2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2021 MME GTPE
198 Posts
The mk2 is a little bit of a rarity in the US then.? They're are a lot of mk3's over here, my friend owns a red edition mk3 of which only 300 where made. Its a lovely looking car.
View attachment 362187
Mk2 is more than a rarity in the US - it's more like a unicorn

1 - 20 of 53 Posts