Ford Focus RS Forum banner

New RS Owner Kissimmee FL

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Trent1000 
#1 ·
Hi There,
Just bought a 2016 NB with 238 miles on it. Yes you read it right!
One previous owner who was a car collector, got the dealer to sell this and 2 Mustangs to make space for new toys.
HG, Fuel Tank and Engine/Powertrain Computer Module changed by Ford Dealer prior to sale. Wanted one for decades and finally went for it when a good one came up.
Being delivered this week will update with pics when it arrives.

#2 ·
Congratulations and welcome!!

I was down there at Disneyworld last year with the family. We will be heading back again as we had so much fun.

Reactions: Trent1000
#4 ·
Welcome, I am also a new RS owner!

Interesting history on that car. I am guessing the fuel tank needed to be changed from sitting around a lot and having rotted fuel in it? I hope it's everything you've dreamed of, certainly is for me.

Reactions: Trent1000
#5 ·
#7 ·
OK my car arrived a day earlier than quoted. First impressions the NB looked awesome in the sunlight!
Sitting in it was a revelation and felt like a rally car set up.
I have to say first impressions of driving it, a little disappointed with the power albeit I was driving in Normal Mode and not thrashing it as it has only 250 miles on it.
My other car is a 2012 GTI which I do thrash every time I drive it.
Also there was no "popping exhaust" on the revs down which was a bit disappointing after all the video's I saw. Does this only happen in Sport Mode? As I said I only drove it a few miles.
One thing I was amazed at is the handling, I took a roundabout at a silly speed and it just gripped the road unbelievably. So a beautiful car now in my garage. Do I sell the 2012 GTI and drive this daily or keep the GTI and use this only on sunny weekends.......jury is out!!!

#12 ·
Thanks for the info....my Ford Dealer was Mullnax Kissimmee guess I will have to go to Apopka for its first service after running it in!
My RS does not pop at all between gear shifts and on throttle lift even in Sport or Track mode?
What can be wrong here its pretty disappointing after seeing all the videos....not one pop or burble....could this be the exhaust valve not opening?

#13 ·
Hmm, no the pops can even happen if valves are closed. But the way the exhaust valve works, it will never be closed when you are driving and trying to get it to pop.

Try cruising in 2nd at 3 - 3.5K RPM, then give it more than 50% throttle for a second or two and let go of the gas. It should pop.

Another way to see if pops are working is just to rev it.

#14 ·
Tried all those things.....nothing its almost too sensible to drive with no pops at all.
Feel I'm missing out on the RS experience with this car.
Did both those suggestions it just revs down normally.
Would feel a bit stupid going to A Ford Service Dealer saying it won't "Pop" like its supposed to!!

#15 ·
It should be doing it pretty consistently when letting off the throttle under boost, more pronounced in sport or track mode. You also shouldn't be disappointed by the power if you're used to a GTI, it should feel way faster (I daily a tuned GLI so I feel like I should know). Maybe the exhaust valve isn't opening for some reason, might be something to ask the dealer about.

Personally I am keeping my GLI. I've owned it since new and have kept it well maintained, I know it's entire history. At the same time it's getting on in mileage and age so it can be my daily/winter car so I can keep the RS nice.

#16 ·
Hi There,
Thanks for the insight. I didn't take it into work yesterday as it was pissing with rain.
Ive owned my 3 door 2012 GTI since new and now has 145K on it. Its in the shop for a low rev misfire the first real problem Ive ever had with it. Before I bought the RS the VW dealer would only offer $4K for it in trade in on a new Cornflower Blue GTI but I always wanted an RS first. I.m thinking the same. Keep the GTI for a workhorse and have the RS for sunny weekends not the work run.
As I'm running it in I'm not near the red line but have been taking it up to around 5K on the revs sometimes.
Not one pop Ive tried it in normal and Sport will give it a go on Track mode tomorrow and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.