Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Thought I'd better post here before too long. Got some prepurchase help in another thread and last week picked up a '16 in Nitrous Blue, RS2 pkg, forged wheels, and sunroof. 54K miles.
I'm in MN. I've had sports and performance cars all my life and I tend to daily drive them... I daily drove a S2000 year round for 10 years, for example.
It only took a few miles of the test drive to know I'd love the RS.
Look forward to learning more about it from all of you
Mark

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi everyone! Thought I'd better post here before too long. Got some prepurchase help in another thread and last week picked up a '16 in Nitrous Blue, RS2 pkg, forged wheels, and sunroof. 54K miles.
I'm in MN. I've had sports and performance cars all my life and I tend to daily drive them... I daily drove a S2000 year round for 10 years, for example.
It only took a few miles of the test drive to know I'd love the RS.
Look forward to learning more about it from all of you
Mark
Hey mkitt - Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan! Dailying an S2000 for ten years sounds like a dream. Will you daily the RS, too? I can say from experience they are a lot of fun in the winter as my RS is my daily.

I came from a series of manual Hondas to the RS. Two very different philosophies by the manufacturers and I appreciate them both.

Hope to see you around the site!

·
Premium Member
2,685 Posts
Welcome!

I am in San Diego but lived in Minnesota for yrs and have family there.

Where in MN you from? I lived in Eden Prairie, Robinsdale, Chanhassen, Hopkins/St. Louis Park and Watertown.

You'll enjoy the RS in MN winter. The AWD system on this is fun!

Enjoy to forums and the company!

·
Registered
2016 RS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey mkitt - Welcome from a fellow Minnesotan! Dailying an S2000 for ten years sounds like a dream. Will you daily the RS, too? I can say from experience they are a lot of fun in the winter as my RS is my daily.

I came from a series of manual Hondas to the RS. Two very different philosophies by the manufacturers and I appreciate them both.

Hope to see you around the site!
Thanks! I will be daily driving the RS year round. I've had Hondas and BMWs as dailys mostly . Treated the 'vette as a daily in the summer.

·
Registered
2016 RS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

I am in San Diego but lived in Minnesota for yrs and have family there.

Where in MN you from? I lived in Eden Prairie, Robinsdale, Chanhassen, Hopkins/St. Louis Park and Watertown.

You'll enjoy the RS in MN winter. The AWD system on this is fun!

Enjoy to forums and the company!
I grew up in Delano, then Brainerd... lived in Sunnyvale & Palo Alto CA after college. Moved back and lived in Eden Prairie for many years and now in Carver. We have a lake home in Grand Rapids and looking to move up there sooner than later. Appears we are both familiar with the southwest metro area!

I test drove the car twice... the second day it turned out to be snowing quite heavily and got a good picture of how fun this car is in the snow.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Wish we had snow more widespread over here, would love to try drift mode out in a snow filled Carpark or nice wide street!

·
Registered
2016 RS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, pics of course! Car is stock but in nice shape. As it happens, I was driving home at twilight and pulled off to take a few pics tonight in the low light. A little earlier would have been better its a nice spot to show off the blue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts