Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
Purchased a 2016 Focus RS in frozen white about a month ago now with 19k miles on it. With a lot of investigative work I was able to track down the previous owner who loved the car and even wrote out a note to the next owner :
2016 Ford Focus RS
Frozen White, RS2 package, all options minus winter wheel package
Date of writing this: 9-17-2019

To whoever is reading this, I felt it would be a nice piece of mind to be able to talk to the previous owner. I have owned the care since new, (5 miles) took care of it myself, and know all the details. At the time of trading the car in, it will include the following:

-2 OEM Keys from Ford
-Oem Floor mats with like 40 Miles on them - (changed to weather tech, took out to sell)
-20% window Tint (too dark for me, listened to the tint guy, learned my lesson lol)
-Perrin Short Antenna (personal preference on looks)
-Also installed is the Apple Car Play update, which works very well, Plug into the USB port in the center console for this
-Mountune (purchased through Ford Performance from my dealer) short shifter
-Mountune (purchased through Ford Performance from my dealer) lowering springs (only rear installed on car, this evens out the height without lowering the front too much)
-Mountune (purchased through Ford Performance from my dealer) axle back exhaust with valve (That axle back was actually $1500, no joke, has a nice tone in my opinion, pops are a bit loud, wasn’t able to take it off before trade)
-Rally Armor UR Mudflaps
-Bag of OEM hardware incase you don't like the mudflaps, (that's all the original hardware)

The upgrades I did on the car were based around the original performance, so there is definitely room for improvement if you’re looking for bigger power. To me, the most important thing was to retain the warranty of the car while still giving it a bit of noise (with valve open) and a nicer shifting feel. In short, to enhance the feel of the car without tuning it.

The first oil change I did was at 1000 miles, and I changed it with aftermarket oil and an OEM filter, which I don't have the receipt for. I decided it was cheaper for me to make an account with my Ford dealer and purchase only Oem oil and filters from them for the rest of the changes, which have exact miles written on them. Those receipts will be included (hopefully no one lost them by the time your reading this, I will take photocopies incase).

The reason I wrote this is because I am a huge car enthusiast and it can't hurt being able to ask questions to the previous owner if you have any.

Feel free to write me at any time to my email with questions. Just give me a little to respond as that is my work email. If you’re reading this and have purchased the car, I hope you enjoy the car.

I have put 2k miles on the car since ownership and really enjoy driving it everyday. My plans with the car would be to install functional hood vents once I find some that I like. I would also be interested in the turbosmart dual port BOV, a RamAir filter and potentially a tune if I was confident that these three items would be covered by ford warranty (If anyone can point me in the direction of a list of covered aftermarket parts/tunes in the US that would be great!)

Thats all for now, looking forward to speaking with some other forum members and contributing in anyway I can.
Thanks!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations!!! Always great to see another member. Enjoy your RS it's an awesome ride. Cheers

·
Registered
134 Posts
That's so awesome that the prior owner left that note. I'm sure that make you feel a lot more comfortable with spending that much money. Congratulations on your new RS!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Double tap! Deleted.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!!! That's really cool that the previous owners left a note with the RS. The current mods are also a nice touch. But you won't find any tune that's warranty friendly, sorry. The next best thing would be to find a Ford dealership that would overlook the fact that it's tuned. Hope you enjoy your RS for many fun miles!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts