Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Not sure the the average IQ is relevant to this much but remember these dummies are the reason you are not speaking German today.
🙂
Well, the guy still confuses pre-ignition and knock, two distinct phenomenons that have been known and documented for more than 115 years now - so I have my doubts.

For a thorough discussion, see Harry R. Ricardo, "The High-Speed Internal Combustion Engine (1935)," Chapter 4, “Combustion and Fuel Behaviour in the Spark-Ignition Engine” pp60-83.

Ricardo noted that, before 1907, “[Hopkinson] was able to show --contrary to current belief- that the knock in the petrol engine was a phenomenon quite distinct from pre-ignition” [Ricardo p324] but the “internet experts” still are confused today 🤡

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I can see now why spindle… er, axle has the opinions he does. He’s still stuck in the 30s, just a bit before(!?) such things as high-speed electronic engine controls and gasp “alien technology” such as direct injection, spark ignition designs where the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder at around 2000 to 3000 psi while the mixture is already under high compression.

Mazda sold the first generation of these engines in their Mazdaspeed3 & 6 vehicles beginning back in 2006. They correctly labeled it DISI. Ford owned about 30% of Mazda at the time.

Anyway, spindle…, er axle will never come up to speed(!) on modern technology because he’s already made up his mind based on obsolete data and conjecture on his part.

That’s quite ok as really old people generally hate new technology. The folks reading about turbocharged direct injection engine issues should ignore ol’ spindle… er axle because he is literally irrelevant to the factual data.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I can see now why spindle… er, axle has the opinions he does. He’s still stuck in the 30s, just a bit before(!?) such things as high-speed electronic engine controls and gasp “alien technology” such as direct injection, spark ignition designs where the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder at around 2000 to 3000 psi while the mixture is already under high compression.

Mazda sold the first generation of these engines in their Mazdaspeed3 & 6 vehicles beginning back in 2006. They correctly labeled it DISI. Ford owned about 30% of Mazda at the time.

Anyway, spindle…, er axle will never come up to speed(!) on modern technology because he’s already made up his mind based on obsolete data and conjecture on his part.

That’s quite ok as really old people generally hate new technology. The folks reading about turbocharged direct injection engine issues should ignore ol’ spindle… er axle because he is literally irrelevant to the factual data.
All this coming from the guy with three engines on the floor in large puddles of oil and still not knowing the difference between knock and pre-ignition 🤡 Go back to school and learn something if you can, or if you want a more contemporary treatment read Irvin Glassman’s “Combustion” then look back at your stupid comments and reflect upon yourself. I feel like talking about geometry to people not having discovered the wheel yet. Sure there was a bunch of ignorant bozos laughing their ass off at everything they did not understand then, and it’s not different now. Ten pages into the Ricardo you would realize how little you knew about engines, but ignorance is bliss so perhaps it’s better you keep your beliefs where they are, just do us a favor and stop spreading your “wisdom.”

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Bless ol’ spindle…, er axles heart. He’s gonna blow an aneurism any second now. I wonder if he/she/it has a “partner” or any children. Likely not…

Anyway, it would likely help him by reading up in LSPI in the forum subject engines. He/she/it hails from the most ****ed update location in the USA, Washington state. You know, Seattle where the loons run the entire city because the bosses won’t let the cops eliminate the DNA errors from the gene pool.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Bless ol’ spindle…, er axles heart. He’s gonna blow an aneurism any second now. I wonder if he/she/it has a “partner” or any children. Likely not…

Anyway, it would likely help him by reading up in LSPI in the forum subject engines. He/she/it hails from the most ****ed update location in the USA, Washington state. You know, Seattle where the loons run the entire city because the bosses won’t let the cops eliminate the DNA errors from the gene pool.
You still don’t address the fact that you are largely ignorant about engines, which is my point. Licking your tuner’s ass don’t make you an engine expert.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
sold the first generation of these engines in their Mazdaspeed3 & 6 vehicles beginning back in 2006. They correctly labeled it DISI.
The most pathetic thing is you think you are making progress by revealing Mazda invented direct injection in 2006, while Daimler-Benz had a supercharged, spark-ignited, gasoline direct-injected, and water-injected V12 engine named DB605 in 1940.

You are just showing more of how ignorant you are.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
I shouldn’t waste my time with a reply, but I’m the “tuner”. I’ve been tuning and racing cars and bikes since the early 70’s. Yes, I’ve broken a few parts over the years, but I KNOW what I’m talking about as I’ve been doing it for decades.

I am one of the few that had a direct part in developing the aftermarket flash tuning capability for the Mazda DISI. I was one of the first to use piggyback tuning to discover the real reason within the ECU that caused the aftermarket to become stuck on a plateau with the power output.

You can type whatever ignorant response you want, but nothing can change the facts about LSPI and the effect on turbo direct injection.

It’s such a big problem for turbo direct injection that Ford later included both port and direct injection on the actual high-output 3.5 V6 engines in the GT and the Raptor. Many aftermarket tuners are installing add-on port injection to oem direct injection as well. Get smart axle or get the f*ck off this forum. You’re a plague on truth.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
… Daimler-Benz had a supercharged, spark-ignited, gasoline direct-injected, and water-injected V12 engine named DB605 in 1940….
Yes, but it ultimately failed. The technology was never brought to mass market for several reasons, one being the metals technology, oils technology and engine management systems. There’s very little that hasn’t been tried before, but ultimately failed. The DISI and Ecoboost are the only real success stories for direct injection for the mass market. F*ck off. You’re so tiring as you have nothing to offer other than failures.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I shouldn’t waste my time with a reply, but I’m the “tuner”. I’ve been tuning and racing cars and bikes since the early 70’s. Yes, I’ve broken a few parts over the years, but I KNOW what I’m talking about as I’ve been doing it for decades.

I am one of the few that had a direct part in developing the aftermarket flash tuning capability for the Mazda DISI. I was one of the first to use piggyback tuning to discover the real reason within the ECU that caused the aftermarket to become stuck on a plateau with the power output.

You can type whatever ignorant response you want, but nothing can change the facts about LSPI and the effect on turbo direct injection.

It’s such a big problem for turbo direct injection that Ford later included both port and direct injection on the actual high-output 3.5 V6 engines in the GT and the Raptor. Many aftermarket tuners are installing add-on port injection to oem direct injection as well. Get smart axle or get the **** off this forum. You’re a plague on truth.
No, you don’t know what you are talking about and that’s precisely my point. You confuse pre-ignition and knock, you would not pass engine calibration 101. I don’t know what you think you discovered, not do I care, and port + direct injection is not a solution for LSPI, but how would you know that since you don’t know what pre-ignition is? LSPI is a problem that is easily avoided. Ford should have close to ten million EcoBoost engine out there by now and all other major manufacturers have some form of GDI engine in production, so probably tens of millions of engines in total, and gasoline direct-injection has been around for more than 80 years including on forced-induction engine producing thousands of horsepower. If LSPI was such a problem, we’d know. It’s mostly an excuse for tuners who don’t know what they are doing, which was my point all along.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Bless your heart spindle…, er axle. I’ll just stop responding to you now. Another fact that I’ve learned for certain over my many years is that you can help simple ignorance when people want to learn, but there is no limit to stupid, so you “win”, I’m out.

• Haha
Reactions: JamoRS

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Bless your heart spindle…, er axle. I’ll just stop responding to you now. Another fact that I’ve learned for certain over my many years is that you can help simple ignorance when people want to learn, but there is no limit to stupid, so you “win”, I’m out.
Whatever floats your boat, dude, for as long as you stfu.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

It’s such a big problem for turbo direct injection that Ford later included both port and direct injection on the actual high-output 3.5 V6 engines in the GT and the Raptor. Many aftermarket tuners are installing add-on port injection to oem direct injection as well. Get smart axle or get the f*ck off this forum. You’re a plague on truth.
That is not the reason for the port injection.
Port injection was to clean the valves so they don’t need the service. Lspi is not from lack of port fuel. I have well over 300k on my first gen 3.5 and no port injection. But I use oil that is designed to not cause lspi

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
That is not the reason for the port injection.
Port injection was to clean the valves so they don’t need the service. Lspi is not from lack of port fuel. I have well over 300k on my first gen 3.5 and no port injection. But I use oil that is designed to not cause lspi
The port injection is for LSPI mitigation. The valve cleaning is indeed a consideration, however. The Raptor/GT and Limited 3.5 all have port/direct injection. These are the ONLY Ecoboost engines with port/direct, all others have direct only.

The. 3.5 HO runs on port injection at lower loads and brings in the direct for both port/direct during high load conditions. As I said before, I do my own tuning, so if you have questions on the ECU functions I’ll answer them if I can.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
That just proves it was about cleaner valves not lspi. Lspi was not and never had been an issue with the 3.5 as also all are autos. So why would ford spend money to fix a nonexistent problem.
Or they have carbon issues that are causing warranty and longevity issues. Hence spend money to fix that.
Can they all have lspi yes but the port injection was all about the valves.
I actually remember reading a statement from ford on that being the move to port injection. I’ll swe if I can track it down again

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Ok, I’m stepping out of this thread as people who seem to be ignorant of the current internal combustion engines and the associated lubricants technology dispute my posted information.

So, I recommend anyone and everyone who doesn’t know all about LSPI and/or those who think they “know” the causes and effects of LSPI, based on the decades prior to the year 2000, or even before should take the time to do a bit of current research on the subject for the information presented in the last decade or so. There is much information from the SAE research papers and other lubricants engineering groups.

If you want to discuss the LSPI topic or engine tuning I’ll be happy to oblige, but only via private phone call. You can PM me your number and I’ll call you.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You can step out if you want but why would they need it for the auto 3.5 ecoboost. Yes it helps but that’s not why they did it it was to many services for dirty valves.
Well that’s what Ford stated anyway. Well and the fact they have had almost zero issue with any 3.5 and lspi makes sense to fix a problem they didn’t have.
Again it does help but to say that’s why they did it is just false.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Ok, I’m stepping out of this thread as people who seem to be ignorant[…]
This is rich 😂 Keep stepping out please. We get you invented DISI tuning(!) and understand the EcoBoost better than Ford(!) but we’ll stick to facts and science here if you allow us. The tuning landscape on this platform is a disaster of epic proportions but somehow you manage to stand out, beating them all out with your insults and arrogance.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts