Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
SN+ protects drivers who put their cars in high load low RPM conditions.
You’re correct, almost. It’s certainly better than SN, but it still has calcium, just less of it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Yeah, oils meeting the Ford oil spec for Ford motors is “false info.” Also, Ford does not “understand” how combustion happens in Ford engines, right? And Ford patents related to LSPI mitigation is the same as t-shirt logos? Then why a German oil producer for a German-produced car should give a damn about the American Petroleum Institute when producing an oil meeting the manufacturer specification? Oh I forgot, the manufacturer does not understand what they are doing 🤡 Wow. Don’t reproduce, please. Your country’s average IQ is 98 already. Don’t make it worse.
Not sure the the average IQ is relevant to this much but remember these dummies are the reason you are not speaking German today.
🙂

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
"I read stuff online therefore I know more than Ford Engineering"

😆😆😆😆 All I can do is laugh so I don't cry for the future of society
To be fair Ford does not know everything.
Think back to when they got rid of the 7.3 diesel they literally told international they knew more about building a new 6.0. How did that work out for them.
Just saying! They have a lot of people with degrees and computer models that don’t necessarily translate to real life.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ford can make mistakes, of course. For all the decisions they make, mistakes are pretty rare. But when people use those rare mistakes to say you can't trust their recommendations - Or that you definitely should ignore them...That's a whole new level.

And honestly, there is a huge difference between reliability issues, which are normally due to manufacturing process issues, and engineering specifications.

Using your example, maybe it was a mistake for Ford to decide they could engineer a better diesel engine than International could. But that doesn't mean a guy on an Internet forum, that read a few articles in his spare time, knows more about building diesel engines than Ford! But somehow, that's the conclusion some people are making.

TLDR; saying random posters don't know more than Ford /= Ford being perfect

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
"I read stuff online therefore I know more than Ford Engineering"

😆😆😆😆 All I can do is laugh so I don't cry for the future of society
You guys make me laugh, you mean the "Ford engineering" that brought you the infamous "B" head gasket the most predictable failure point I think I've ever witnessed in a production engine. Or the "Ford Engineering that even when they come up with a new HG you still need to blob sealant on it to stop it leaking. Or the "Ford Engineering" that makes a shifter cable bush on an Escape that's NOT tolerant to transmission fluid and has it positioned an inch from the transmission breather with predictable results including a safety recall. You Ford fanboys mean "that" Ford engineering? When will you all realise that placing your faith in "Ford Engineering" is like pissing yourself in dark trousers. It may give you a warm feeling but it'll still ruin your good shoes.
I once spoke to a GMH engineering engineer who told me that a 0W-40 full synthetic oil was "too thin" for my Gen111 Chev engine. I asked him to elaborate and soon found out how much expertise he had with regards to engine oils....zip
Phil

Reactions: fbaltona

·
Registered
248 Posts
Thanks for making my point.

The engineering team that wrote the white paper for the oil spec are useless, because other people made mistakes once, and one guy you talked to at GM was wrong. Got it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I tried smoothing things out a bit on this thread earlier, but :censored: it! I'm throwin' gas on it now!

Hey! Who remebers that great Ford success story THE AMAZING EXPLODING PINTO/S! [best band I ever saw! :LOL: ]

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Thanks for making my point.

The engineering team that wrote the white paper for the oil spec are useless, because other people made mistakes once, and one guy you talked to at GM was wrong. Got it.
Well I can tell you for sure the engineers get it wrong also. How might I know well since my uncle was a high level engineer at Dana. It’s very common for engineering departments to differ on what they think will work only to have a senior engineer or beam counter override them. Sometime right sometimes wrong.
You point is no more or less valid. Plus some people oN the forums have a true passion and the ability to learn. Much more then the guy who mails in his work.
Bottom line is ford has had know issues and just because it doesn’t meet a spec doesn’t mean it won’t work. Also just because it meets the spec doesn’t mean it’s the best oil.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not going to say anything except for, everyone should just use what they feel they should for why they feel they should and stop fussin. The world is full of critics, I caught myself in this same situation not too long ago. People are passionate about what they feel is right and others just trust what their life experiences told them.

I think as long as there are oil threads, there will always be this, who's right, who's wrong. In the end who truckin cares? Let's all just enjoy the car we all share, shared, or are looking to share, and try being a bit kinder to your fellow enthusiasts. It's ok not to agree, people are going to have different beliefs, let it go!

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
At least there's only one good oil filter to use, otherwise that could end up causing a thread like this.
Wait, what? You don’t use fram? They spend more on ads than they do on the filters so they must be great, right? LOL

• Haha
Reactions: morbid

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I'm not going to say anything except for, everyone should just use what they feel they should for why they feel they should and stop fussin. The world is full of critics, I caught myself in this same situation not too long ago. People are passionate about what they feel is right and others just trust what their life experiences told them.

I think as long as there are oil threads, there will always be this, who's right, who's wrong. In the end who truckin cares? Let's all just enjoy the car we all share, shared, or are looking to share, and try being a bit kinder to your fellow enthusiasts. It's ok not to agree, people are going to have different beliefs, let it go!
Just the facts, no “feels”.

I know that’s hard to fathom in these libtard times where feels, rather than facts, are their priority…

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just trying to help, I come from an independent thought most times. There are facts sure, but what people feel they want to put into their engine is on them in the end. I will agree the people that do what they want to and are free to do, should not tell people feelings as facts. Have documentation available to prove/disprove, parties accept/agree/not agree, and move on. It isn't something to fight about, I feel like it's Ford vs Chevy all over again. The rivalry goes a bit extreme at times.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
To be clear I’m saying use what you want but the argument of saying ford is the end all be all on things is not true. I only own fords or things owned by ford. But I know they have steered people wrong. Just look at the 3.5 threads.
Ford recommend oil does not take fuel well and they create timing chain issues most others don’t have with better oils.
But I also think more choices are better. So bring on new oils.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts