Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I have been here for a good bit now reading up on what to do, what not to do, what to buy, etc as a fan while I waited for what seemed like an eternity to get my car. I'd like a special thanks to @Raptor911 for putting me in the good hands of Van Bortel Ford in Rochester, NY who had a car ordered that fit exactly what I wanted and no ADM. As I waited for that one to get a build date, another customer has the same car plus the Cup tires that he had to walk away from so I swooped in and took over that one to get it quicker.

So the car is a 2017 NB RS2 with the Cup tires, optional wheels and the snow tire package. I will be selling the Cup tires as those tires won't work well here on Michigan roads. I drove it home with the winter tire set up and the others in the backseat and hatch.

So onto the 500 mile drive home to Detroit. The dealership treated me first class the entire way. You couldn't ask for a better experience. They all came out and greeted me as if I was a long time customer, not a one and done one. The paperwork went very fast, and they took the time to spend a half hour going over the features with me, except for one important one. That one being how the hell to get the car into reverse. I know I'm not the only one who didn't know about the ring under the shifter, but once I had to do the walk of shame back into the dealership and share some laughs, I was off.

This car is amazing at how responsive it was to any touch of the gas pedal. It shifted smoothly and the clutch was easy to find the sweet spots in. I can't wait until it's really broken in. I mostly drove home in normal mode to save on gas and averaged 24.3 mpg while going around 75 most of the way. I did put it into sport mode the last half hour and you really can feel the difference. This car has power to spare. Normally when passing on the highway, I've had to downshift, but pushing the gas pedal while still in 6th, you get pushed back into your seat and hold there until you ease up on the gas. I have heard some complain about the sound system, but I felt it sounded great to me. The Synch 3 will take some getting used to and the Apple Carplay crapped out on me once while listening to Pandora, so I just went over using the connected device mode instead. I love how the screen divided from navigation and the music and the time and temperature all at the same time. Coming from a Chrysler, if on navigation, that's the only screen you'll see unless you change off of it. The fan speeds took a little while to figure out that I was turning the temperature down and not the speed, but once I got that solved, they all worked well. The only drawback was the cheap rear view mirror, but that wasn't enough to bother me to want to change it out and deal with that hassle. I love the side mirrors and the divided glass and while I wish the ambient lighting color could be changed, the red was not as bad as some had made it sound.

I love this car, have zero regrets on the purchase so far and doubt I will at all. She is the baby beast. I have to get my registration all sorted out tomorrow and get my license plate ordered and then I'll get it all lined up for XPel and get my Milltek put on. I also have the green filter, divadanielle fog lamp mod, the no more fried egg lamp mod and the visor lamps to swap out and I'll be a happy boy. Also the weathertech mats fit perfect. Couldn't be happier to have Moxxi home.

·
5,582 Posts
Sounds like you found your beast :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Congrats! an easy and cheap upgrade re: mirror is 'Broadway" which fits right over the OEM mirror. No more blind spots. I use them on all my cars and find it esp. useful for the ones I track. I bought mine in Tokyo but there are places that sell it Stateside too. JCG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts