Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just found out yesterday I made the cut and have a RS on the way so figured I should become a member here. Got it for MRSP and no deposit. Used a broker (best way ever to buy a car). Will be loaded with the cup2s. Can't decide between blue or white, but will probably wrap it anyway. Also not sure if Ill mod it, will need to see how it is on the track, especially how it manages heat.

Otherwise I have a 08 STi, fully track built. Still street legal but not all that enjoyable on regular roads. Great track car. Daily is a 13 FoST, stock except for a AccessPort. It will be traded in for the RS. ST has been a great car.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome! We have a Denver thread in the west region forum so feel free to join us there. So far only 3-4 confirmed for Denver on the forums. Curious what broker you used and how that worked? Do you know what dealer it's coming through? We have similar taste in cars. I've got a 2014 STi that will be traded on the RS and a bulit S2000 as a dedicated track car. How does your STi do out at HPR? I've not had mine out there.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome! We have a Denver thread in the west region forum so feel free to join us there. So far only 3-4 confirmed for Denver on the forums. Curious what broker you used and how that worked? Do you know what dealer it's coming through? We have similar taste in cars. I've got a 2014 STi that will be traded on the RS and a bulit S2000 as a dedicated track car. How does your STi do out at HPR? I've not had mine out there.
Thanks! I use Nelson Siegler from Boulder Buying Service. Brokers are easily the best way to get a car. No dealer charge and no bs. It's coming from the fleet department at Ford AutoNation down in south Denver. Just got to make a decisin about color...

The STi is great at HPR. Runs sub 2 minutes on slicks and 2.10 on my Contis. I don't see a lot of S2000s out there, you should bring it out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Wow, it sounds like you had a much smoother experience than most on this forum, including me. AutoNation wouldn't commit to me on allocations and were quoting ADM. Good for you for finding a better way. Sub 2, wow that's quick! I don't plan on bringing my STi out there but I'm sub 2:10 in my S2K. I make it out there as often as I can but it's down for some serious maintenance right now. I wonder what our RS's will do out there???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, it sounds like you had a much smoother experience than most on this forum, including me. AutoNation wouldn't commit to me on allocations and were quoting ADM. Good for you for finding a better way. Sub 2, wow that's quick! I don't plan on bringing my STi out there but I'm sub 2:10 in my S2K. I make it out there as often as I can but it's down for some serious maintenance right now. I wonder what our RS's will do out there???
Brokers are an awesome way to go and Nelson is the best. He did get me on the list a month or three ago so that's part of it.

HPR in the subbie is fun, unless I am blowing up my engine (which has happened three times). I bet the RSs will be great, lots of STs run there and they do well unless they overheat. That seems to be the biggest limitation on them and what Id worry about on the RS. Hopefully it will have in general better heat management. Seems like it should. Dont reall want to mod it as it will be my daily driver. I guess if its just mild maybe a little...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
bschweig
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing