Ford Focus RS Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
2017 Focus RS
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Welcome! After looking at the front end pics of your RS......................................your judgement is slightly to moderately suspect...................................so, you'll be a great fit here! ;)

Best wishes for a speedy and satisfying rebuild on your project!

BTW: You mentioned you're in the market for parts. I got a GREAT set of long horns from a guy in Texas a few years ago; he had them on I think it was a '76 electric green Eldo. If you're interested PM me and we'll work out a deal. I know most guys impulse would be to mount them on the front, but I'm telling you----------------if you stuck them on top of the R wing; your RS would be the knarliest! :LOL:
LOL, that would definitely be unique.

Registered
2016 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
Welcome to the RS group!

I had a 2014 Focus ST, and I get it, the ST is a blast to drive. I had some regret when I first sold my ST and bought my RS. The stereo seemed better in the ST (the RS has a pathetic excuse for a subwoofer...) I loved my ST, and didn't think I'd ever get rid of it. Loved when in first or second, stand on the throttle, get that little scrub as it lost traction... Still would chicken out before the ST lost grip in the corners. The RS seems more extreme, I don't usually lose traction on accel, and for certain, the car will handle EVERY corner I have the balls to throw it into, regardless of speed, like the ST, but only like, an order of magnitude higher. My car has the same tires as my ST, but the eibach springs that came with the purchase, and the track mode tightening... I haven't experienced tires slipping, oversteer, understeer... Both the ST and the RS are amazing in the corners. I get a lot more boy racer types in Subarus and Evos trying to get me to run, sometimes just to see what the RS will do... But the ST seemed... More comfortable. I would not change the upgrade, I love my NB RS... But it seems like it is a little more harsh on the freeway than my ST, and and the ST was a little more civilized. Both cars were and are daily drivers, so maybe that has something to do with it...

Registered
2017 Focus RS
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Men, I wish I could post on the classified section..
Lots of good stuff being sold there but I can鈥檛 post or PM the sellers.....
If anyone can do me a favor and tell user VaderRS that I would gladly pick up the intake from him.
Thanks I鈥檓 advance.

Registered
I hope your work is not a hike like Clairemont or Sorrento Valley.

Its a sellers market right now, I hope you got good $$ for your FiST.
This scared me lol especially because I really was looking to buy. Any idea of what's causing this bubble and when it may pop?

Premium Member
This scared me lol especially because I really was looking to buy. Any idea of what's causing this bubble and when it may pop?

It's been in the news, during covid (bubble) a lot of rental companies sold their cars. Now due to chip shortages, and demand for cars are high.... less inventory....

when it will pop, once invetory get caught (or surpass) the demand, chip shortage is no more.

Reactions: GmpaJimj

Registered
2017 Focus RS
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Figured I might as well post an update

the rebuilt is coming along, it鈥檚 been a long process specially sourcing parts.
im still waiting for some parts but I have most of the parts needed to get this back together.

鈥樷檛he next hurdle is getting this PCM programmed as this RS came with out a PCM.
i sourced one from eBay, but I need to get my VIN programmed on to this PCM To start the engine.
anyone in San Diego area that can help out with this?

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

21 - 29 of 29 Posts