1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
just got a 2017 RS from San Diego, CA.
looking to buying some parts from the classified section but i cant PM anyone and i don't have enough privileges to post on any thread.
Anyone knows how can i get access to PM and post on Threads?

Thanks

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you could say its a diamond in the rough. i purchased it at Copart a few days ago and will need to rebuild it. i recently did a Fiesta ST and it was a blast to drive, but ive always wanted an RS. The pain is black, but will get a wrap for sure, Blue has always been my favorite color for the RS.
i dont have 40k to drop on one so i went and bought my self a project car to keep me busy.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Well, you could say its a diamond in the rough. i purchased it at Copart a few days ago and will need to rebuild it. i recently did a Fiesta ST and it was a blast to drive, but ive always wanted an RS. The pain is black, but will get a wrap for sure, Blue has always been my favorite color for the RS.
i dont have 40k to drop on one so i went and bought my self a project car to keep me busy.
It always warms my heart seeing folks "save" these cars and rebuilding them to enjoy them. I myself would love to do it if I had the skill, time and resources lol Maybe when I retire haha.

The Fiesta ST is a blast to drive. I'm going to warn you now, there's no doubt that the RS is fast, but the fiesta is more fun and rewarding to drive.

·
Registered
2017 NB Focus RS; RS2, Sunroof, FP exhaust, Mountune IC, DSC Sport suspension, Livernois tune.
127 Posts
The Fiesta ST is a blast to drive. I'm going to warn you now, there's no doubt that the RS is fast, but the fiesta is more fun and rewarding to drive.
I traded in a Fiesta ST for my RS, and I have to agree 100%. It's hard to explain, but so true.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Welcome.

So you local on San Diego?

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome.

So you local on San Diego?
Yes, South San Diego.

I traded in a Fiesta ST for my RS, and I have to agree 100%. It's hard to explain, but so true.
it was a fun little car.

It always warms my heart seeing folks "save" these cars and rebuilding them to enjoy them. I myself would love to do it if I had the skill, time and resources lol Maybe when I retire haha.

I still have a full time job on IT, but i like to work with my hands a lot and like to learn new things. This job will probably take me 3 or 4 months to have it done right mostly working on it on weekends and some afternoons.
most of my time will be spent researching parts and finding them, if you have money to throw at the project like the Youtube guys, you can always order everything at the dealer and be done with it.
but whats the fun in that LOL.

so if anyone has any OEM front end parts that want to get rid off, im your guy..

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Welcome to the club.

Same field, IT.

Paradise Valley area myself.

Reactions: christianmotox

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
How bad is the front end?

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I have it all disassembled now.
Engine and transmission are ok, no leaks at all.the bad is that it’s missing the ECU and that’s gona be a pain to figure out.
Everything else is just replace parts, everything from the engine forward.
The only thing I won’t touch are the frame rails, that’s going to be handled by professionals.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
Can't wait to see on the road.

How much you picked this up?

What color is your FiST?

We might have already met for either the road or the IT field.

👍

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Yes, South San Diego.

I still have a full time job on IT, but i like to work with my hands a lot and like to learn new things. This job will probably take me 3 or 4 months to have it done right mostly working on it on weekends and some afternoons.
most of my time will be spent researching parts and finding them, if you have money to throw at the project like the Youtube guys, you can always order everything at the dealer and be done with it.
but whats the fun in that LOL.

so if anyone has any OEM front end parts that want to get rid off, im your guy..

"South San Diego"? Isn't that mexico? Lol

I have quite a few IT buddies and they all seem to be avid car guys and DIYers. I'm pretty jealous actually. IT stuff is so abstract to me lol

I have it all disassembled now.
Engine and transmission are ok, no leaks at all.the bad is that it’s missing the ECU and that’s gona be a pain to figure out.
Everything else is just replace parts, everything from the engine forward.
The only thing I won’t touch are the frame rails, that’s going to be handled by professionals.
Dang. Ya, the ecu will be tricky and won't be cheap. Smart move on leaving the frame stuff to the professionals. The rest of the stuff is just bolt-on really, so as you said, the hard part will be sourcing all the parts on the cheap. I do recall seeing quite a few very good repro body panels on eBay if you are in need of a front bumper. Some parts can also be sourced from any 2013/2016 ST or SE.

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Can't wait to see on the road.

How much you picked this up?

What color is your FiST?

We might have already met for either the road or the IT field.

👍
I got it for 10k with fees and taxes include.

I sold the FiST about 4 months ago. It was grey.

motox as in Motocross?
yes, that’s where I got it from. I don’t race or anything like that, just a fan of the sport.

"South San Diego"? Isn't that mexico? Lol

I have quite a few IT buddies and they all seem to be avid car guys and DIYers. I'm pretty jealous actually. IT stuff is so abstract to me lol

Dang. Ya, the ecu will be tricky and won't be cheap. Smart move on leaving the frame stuff to the professionals. The rest of the stuff is just bolt-on really, so as you said, the hard part will be sourcing all the parts on the cheap. I do recall seeing quite a few very good repro body panels on eBay if you are in need of a front bumper. Some parts can also be sourced from any 2013/2016 ST or SE.
pretty much Mexico LOL I can see the border from my block..

I was hoping to find the previous owner on a forum or group to see if I could get the ECU from him LOL.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
You in San Isidro?

I saw a Grey FiST last week with blacked out decal on the rear.

What is your daily now?

·
Registered
2017 Focus RS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You in San Isidro?

I saw a Grey FiST last week with blacked out decal on the rear.

What is your daily now?
Yea, basically San Ysidro.
the guy I sold the FiST was from Victorville.

my Daily is a Discovery Diesel, came in handy the other day, I towed the RS with the Discovery from Las Vegas.

·
Premium Member
6,707 Posts
I hope your work is not a hike like Clairemont or Sorrento Valley.

Its a sellers market right now, I hope you got good $$ for your FiST.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome! After looking at the front end pics of your RS......................................your judgement is slightly to moderately suspect...................................so, you'll be a great fit here! ;)

Best wishes for a speedy and satisfying rebuild on your project!

BTW: You mentioned you're in the market for parts. I got a GREAT set of long horns from a guy in Texas a few years ago; he had them on I think it was a '76 electric green Eldo. If you're interested PM me and we'll work out a deal. I know most guys impulse would be to mount them on the front, but I'm telling you----------------if you stuck them on top of the R wing; your RS would be the knarliest! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts