Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1001 - 1020 of 1072 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Contrary to belief, most dealers aren't looking to void your warranty and lose a customer. They still get paid doing warranty work. That said, I would hide the Cobb AP and the obd2 cable. They will always be able to tell if it's been tuned but they would have to have a reason to look. If you're really paranoid uninstall the AP and go back to stock. Cobb stage 0 wouldn't help, you would have to uninstall.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
thank you, ill besure not to have my ap in the car and ill tuck the cord back behind the dash, only thing i cant really hide is the A pillar mount but i can just say its for my phone or something lol

Reactions: Focus112

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
thank you, ill besure not to have my ap in the car and ill tuck the cord back behind the dash, only thing i cant really hide is the A pillar mount but i can just say its for my phone or something lol
Let us know how you make out... I also had an MS6!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Let us know how you make out... I also had an MS6!

Hell yea! the MS6 was a sweet car, the interior was wicked nice. what color did you have? its wasnt as quick as the RS but i def miss it some days, my fiance does too lol

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Hell yea! the MS6 was a sweet car, the interior was wicked nice. what color did you have? its wasnt as quick as the RS but i def miss it some days, my fiance does too lol
Black mica or something like that. It was a more luxurious car for my standards, but I had a lot of engine trouble, including a full replacement under warranty. Sold it right before the warranty was up.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Black mica or something like that. It was a more luxurious car for my standards, but I had a lot of engine trouble, including a full replacement under warranty. Sold it right before the warranty was up.

Ah sorry to hear that, mine met its maker, i had a rod blow thru the engine, only had like 105k on the odometer, bought it in 09 with 31k miles on it for $15k.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Has anyone done any business with focusRSshop lately? I emailed Ryan about some motor mounts and haven't heard back. I noticed they are no longer listed under vendors. I've always received good service from them. Just wondering. Thanks.

·
Registered
353 Posts

Hey quick question, im still refining my tune with randy, when you are doing datalog runs and you go up to redline do you shift through 5 and 6 after or do you just coast in neutral?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Hey quick question, im still refining my tune with randy, when you are doing datalog runs and you go up to redline do you shift through 5 and 6 after or do you just coast in neutral?
He prefers to just coast in nuetral. There are some calculations that get skewed if you go WOT more than once (calculated HP and TQ). But it really doesn't matter. Are you doing 4th gear pulls? That's like 120! I did 3rd

·
Registered
353 Posts
He prefers to just coast in nuetral. There are some calculations that get skewed if you go WOT more than once (calculated HP and TQ). But it really doesn't matter. Are you doing 4th gear pulls? That's like 120! I did 3rd

I always stop the log before shifting but i wasnt sure if i should be shifting after the log is over lol I just got my shifter housing replaced and dont wanna mess it up again. and yea im doing 4th gear pulls. Always drive down to mexico :D

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I always stop the log before shifting but i wasnt sure if i should be shifting after the log is over lol I just got my shifter housing replaced and dont wanna mess it up again. and yea im doing 4th gear pulls. Always drive down to mexico :D
He's not looking at anything outside of when you are WOT so I would just let off throttle and stop the log. Doesn't matter what you do after

·
Registered
102 Posts
Anyone got a line on a good shop to do some bolt on installs in the Massachusetts , Southern New Hampshire area?
I would not mind hearing what you choose to do and where.

Freektune is northwest of Manchester.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've wanted to own a Focus RS ever since I laid eyes on the Mk1 (via Internet) over ten years ago. When it was first announced in the US, I was very excited to say the least. Unfortunately with my financial situation at the time I could not afford one, especially with the dealer mark up.

Before I take the plunge, I'm wondering if there is someone in the or around the Nashua NH area that would be willing to meet up with me and be willing to let me drive their (stock or at least stock suspension) RS. I would, at the very least, top off your tank (even if it is empty) and buy lunch or both. I want to see if I really would enjoy driving it daily with the stock suspension setup.

Feel free to PM me :ughdance:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Anyone got a line on a good shop to do some bolt on installs in the Massachusetts , Southern New Hampshire area?
If you're on the New England RS/ST Facebook page, I can make 2 recommendations to you.

I don't believe Freektune does installs outside of tuning.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Just saw a black RS with MA plates in portland on saturday. ofcourse I was in my wifes outback so the wave probably wasn't noticed!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not 6 months in. 5500 miles. Tacoma shortcuts across my bow while stopped. Back and far right on stop line. Pissed I had hill hold on.

Guesses on current estimate? (Hint) No wonder these get totalled quick. Seems like IAI.com has 10-20 at any given moment.

Seems like these are not meant to be long on earth.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts

Spotted this sweet purple Fiesta (?) at work today in Westfield. Wondering to myself if it’s stock?! Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1001 - 1020 of 1072 Posts